Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Egg Today

I'll admit to leaning toward the panicky here.....probably being silly

Buffy has laid two eggs, her first on Wednesday (34g) and her second yesterday (37g) but no egg today.

Is that normal? OH was outside hosing down everything (why, I know not, as it's poured with rain for hours) and the girls all skittered into the covered run out of the way. He then came in and vacuumed with our very noisy hoover. I wondered whether he may have frightened Buffy out of the nestbox, or if the noise had disturbed her.

Jules
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

They take a while to get into full swing and some never lay an egg every day.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Thanks Shirl, that's good to know.

I was a bit concerned because Buffy had settled into the nestbox twice, but didn't stay there for more than five minutes.

Today is just one of those days where little silly things seem like huge important ones.

Jules
      Jules

Comment

Don't worry, they are young and will take a little while to settle into their laying pattern. When an egg is "in the system" it will generally come out regardless. If they can't get into the nestbox they will lay on the ground. When we moved all our birds from Suffolk to Norfolk they had to be boxed up early in the morning and spent several hours in the van. Eggs were laid in the boxes en route!

Comment

If you go to the collection centres for the ex-batts, they are all skittering about in a barn or similar and there are eggs everywhere! When you gotta lay you gotta lay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
            If you go to the collection centres for the ex-batts, they are all skittering about in a barn or similar and there are eggs everywhere! When you gotta lay you gotta lay!!!

LOLOLOL......yes, I suppose you do gotta!

My girlies peck at anything, so I was a bit wary of finding a pecked egg too. I have to say I was really surprised at Buffy going straight to the nestboxes to lay. How did she know?

Jules
            Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X