hard standing or grass

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rhubarb leaves

now did I hear right that rhubarb leaves are a natural wormer for chickens?

If someone could confirm this, as that might be a plant for the area, but dont know if they would trash it

Comment

Hmm I always thought rhubarb leaves were poisonous.....

Comment

I heard the leaves were poisonous too... but a few threads on here and one long debate came to the conclusion that a little did not hurt but caution and discretion was the better part of valour.

As to the original q - try grass(or more appropriately mud) and a few big paving slabs to get your balance and a place for you to stand outa the mud too

Watching the girls create their own dust bath is a lovely site. Do like the idea of getting them to de-louse themselves though......
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by tlck9 View Post
          my other half built the run ... (which is fantastic) but heavy
          Can he put wheels on it? When Mr Sheds goes to Singapore again, I'm going to knock down the garage and make one of these
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by tlck9 View Post
            now did I hear right that rhubarb leaves are a natural wormer for chickens?

If someone could confirm this, as that might be a plant for the area, but dont know if they would trash it
            Don't know about rhubarb but dandelion IS a natural wormer and the chooks love it!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I think I'd go for planting dandelions in the run rather than rhubarb (though they won't last long!!) Maybe plant some rhubarb just outside so they can get to a little of the leaves through the mesh?
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I didnt know about dandelions, perhaps we should start a thread:

great free food and vitamins etc for chucks!!!

as to wheels on, that link looks quite good, but i'm not sure what we could do

I am thinking perhaps, of a way of extending the current run, having the current run static and perhaps have a further moveable run, but need to figure a way of eg opening the existing run but with the option of opening it in different places to assist with the moveable bit

ummmmm

Ps. 3 of my chciks now laying,souffle has stopped laying after her "being down" period, hoping she will be up and back to her best shortly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X