cheeky beggers!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheeky beggers!

I Know I should be angry with them and that they've destroyed any hope I had of getting a harvest of pumpkins but the sight of their heads sticking up in view like that gave me a good chuckle! Am still P%$$ed about the pumpkins but hey ho....

All 8 of the cheeky blighters are in there as happy as the proverbial pigs in.....

They squeezed in from the side... and as they say, my pumpkins ar history sigh. I did chuckle though
    Attached Files
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

lol sorry red The photos Did make me smile . Its my fear every day when i let my lads & ladys out they always find away to the veg plot ALWAYS..........................................................................
    Last edited by davefromthechipie; 16-08-2009, 04:44 PM.
    Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Thats a mighty fine chicken run you've got there Redthorn!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Oh I love it Better the chooks have them though than the slugs, though 1 for a pie or soup would have been nice
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

What Pumpkin or Chicken, Auntie Mo?

Cheeks beggars aren't they - I get a similar innocent look from my Geese when I find them in the front garden pooing all over my Mum's lawn!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

chicken soup or pie double although they have been threatened, as they have in the last week destroyed 16 Pea plants, my pumpkins and an entire bed (6ft x 4ft) of dwarf beans so no, they're not too popular from that point of view!

Note to self: Ensure that next season there is more secure system to protect veg from marauding chickens....

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

How about chicken and pumpkin soup?? Did make me laugh (sorry) they look so pleased with themselves

Comment

Love that 'who me? What did I do? look they all gave you So funny yet for you really annoying , the pie idea......? no you don't mean it
                Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

They better do plenty of eggs and roast well is all I can say - but good pics.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Red - no such thing as a chicken proof veg plot!!

So funny sorry but it is look at their little faces, cheeky monkeys.
                    My Blog
                    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                      Love that 'who me? What did I do? look they all gave you So funny yet for you really annoying , the pie idea......? no you don't mean it
                      Have no fear... I'm vegetarian..

Well there goes that Idea then... ok let's rephrase.... try to make it more chicken proof....lol

Comment

Do you think they know they're safe then?? As in 'come on, it's OK he doesn't eat meat . we're quite safe, he'll just shout a bit and curse'
                        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Aren't they innocent looking as they're doing the deed though? Mine ate all my blackcurrants this year. All but 5! What can you do with 5 blackcurrants? Yep, feed them to the chickies! Still, I'd rather have the chickens than the blackcurrants.
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Problem is though Ma Flum is that they're hard to get seeds ... sigh oh well they did enjoy it though Here's hoping that the eggs taste better for it! and Yes LG they just tilt their pretty lil heads and look at me as if to say "are you finished yet?"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X