X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks again RedThorn

jim

Comment

Would recommend 3 girls. If you happen to lose 1, then you'd still have 2. As to breeds, you ask 100 chook keepers and you'd probably get 95 different choices
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by jimred View Post
        me and woodwork dont go!, im lefthanded

thanks

jim
        I'm left-handed, OH is left-handed, all the kids are left-handed. It's NO EXCUSE!!!!
        (Mind you watching a right-handed person trying to do anything in our house equipped for lefties is such fun, I could probably sell tickets.)
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Ah I'd be fine then - I'm ambidexterous!!!!

I would also reccomend 3 for the same reasons - having 1 left on its own if something happens.

As for choice of breed its totally yours, and silkies are a great garden breed.
          My Blog
          http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I'm left handed and I've built lots of wonderful and not-so-wonderful things!
            All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
            For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

thanks Redthorn, run purchased from Easwick this morning, just needs some chickens now!!

jim

Comment

Welcome to the Vine and to the mad house and to chookaholics anonymous jimred You've just taken the first step to a wonderful life-changing experience. A couple of weeks after you've got your girls, you'll hardly remember what life was like without them. Just 1 rule here - keep us updated and post pictures if you can - we're a right nosey lot! (but lovely with it)
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

welcome to the chook addiction it's a slippery slope from here!

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

Welcome to you too!

If you decide to take the build-it-yourself challenge (which I'm planning!) you could try going to your local Howarth Timber or other timber yard & getting the wood from there. I've just built a deck (not a complete novice but only just!) and they delivered it all for free :0)

Regards

Clare
                    Hand-made Ratty Gifts for Rats & Humans www.ratanon.com

Comment

So where you going to get your girls from?

Comment

iv spoken to a lady at Little Hallingbury, she has silkies and various Bantams for sales, i found a advert in the local paper(The Star).

going to visit this afternoon

Thanks
                        jim

Comment

Lady by the name of Vicky? she's where I picked up my fertile eggs from this morning She's not the cheapest but does have a lovely selection.

Comment

new girls are:Black Rock,Gold L Wyandotte and Welsummer.

Arguments continue over names!.

one question: do you close the door between the run and the roost area at night or should this only be closed on winters nights?

thanks for all your help

jim

Comment

I close mine every night and am up at sparrows every day to open again! But my girls free-range

Comment

I close all of ours everynight - just incase of predators
                                My Blog
                                http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X