Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicken run

My first post!

Where can i purchase a chicken run this weekend(to set-up this weekend).

i am in the Harlow area..

Many Thanks
    jim

Most large petshops stock them now even the dreaded pets at home. Look on their website its actually a really nice one, the house is elevated slightly to give more floor area for the birds without taking up more space in your garden - I was tempted last time I was on the retail park i walked past it and thought Hmmmm.

Failing that find your local shed merchant, most areas have one, they do allsorts from do kennels to playhouses, sheds to chicken runs.

If you had more time I would say ebay - but they take a week to deliver.

Jennie
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Do you want just a run, or a house too? For a run I would go for a length of electric fencing - you can order it on line - and then have a small (depending on how many chickens you have/want to keep) house freestanding within that. You don't necessarily have to electrify it, it will act as a barrier to prevent chickens getting out if set up properly, and it has the advantage of being easy to move onto fresh ground. Obviously if you are in a predator-dense area then you may wish to get the battery etc too so you can electrify the fence.

Can't help with suppliers in your area but maybe someone else can, or I'm sure you can find someone on line.

Comment

Your best bet for a house is one of the cheap 6x4 sheds from B&Q. Not very good as a shed but great for a chicken house!
        All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
        For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

I think B&Q should start marketing them as chicken sheds, we have 3 here of varying sizes and I know several other people who have them for their chooks (although we have turkeys in one) - really are rubbish shed though!
          My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
            Most large petshops stock them now even the dreaded pets at home. Look on their website its actually a really nice one, the house is elevated slightly to give more floor area for the birds without taking up more space in your garden - I was tempted last time I was on the retail park i walked past it and thought Hmmmm.

Failing that find your local shed merchant, most areas have one, they do allsorts from do kennels to playhouses, sheds to chicken runs.

If you had more time I would say ebay - but they take a week to deliver.

Jennie
            jennie Noooo
            if its the pets at home one iv seen id run a mile Unless its for a mouse or hamster at a push ......

saying that iv not seen the £399 one :P
            Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

oh btw - forgot to say welcome to the Vine - or is that mad house!!!
              My Blog

Comment

Dave - the hutch company one - £180 I think it was
                My Blog

Comment

At the farm shop as you exit Harlow onto the 414 called eastwick lodge. This is where I buy my food from too. It is the cheapest I have found in our area
                  Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

thanks Redthorn
                    does eastwick stock chicken rus aswell?

Many Thanks for that

jim

Comment

Yup they do. Just as you enter turn left and go through the doors and again through the doors food is off to the right lol

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

cannot comment on their prices of the coops and runs though. I only looked at them for ideas.... You thought of knocking together your own run?

Comment

me and woodwork dont go!, im lefthanded

thanks

jim

Comment

lol ok! (btw I'm left handed too) each to their own, know where your skills lie is a skill in it's own

Comment

thanks for the welcome Bramble-poultry, i am thinking of 2 Silkie Hens-what would you recommend?.
                              The only reason is i kept them when i was a kid, few years back!!

jim

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X