Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood bum!

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a little situation.

We have hatched some chicks in our back room. They have grown up so far with no problems. I was down at the lottie the other day getting their run ready, but when I got back I noticed that one of the chicks had has half its tail feathers pulled out and it was bleeding a lot. I immediately removed her from the rest, stopped the bleeding, cleaned it up and put some antiseptic on it. The rest of the chicks are down at the lottie now and we have the last one up stairs in solitary confinement. I really don't want to keep them separated but I believe that if i put her back in they will carry on pecking because its red? So my questions are thus; -

- is there a way I can improvise with the blue dye? Perhaps food colouring or something?

- will I need to do anything when i reintroduce her back?

P
    Last edited by Peebels; 30-08-2009, 09:15 PM.
    "In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." - Aristotle (B.C. 384–322)

Get some Gentian Violet spray - agricultural and horsey places sell it. Its an antiseptic as well as being purple so will help healing as well.
    Could you bring a couple of the chicks back hpme to join the lone one and then re-introduce them as a group to the rest after they've bonded? It's always better to introduce more than 1 at a time.

Comment

You really need a tub of the violet spray. Very useful for sorting out curious chooks! Once they start on a red sore, it will get worse!

You'll be able to re-introduce him/her in the next few days will no issues. Just put him/her in and (s)he will be fine.
      All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
      For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X