No announcement yet.

Help please!!!! QUICK!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I've now put down a baited rat killer box and I've got a pack of poison to put down tonight. I've phoned round the usual places for Eradibait and no luck locally, so I've ordered some online (big tub!!). I'm glad I saw the horrible critter in time to hopefully get rid of them all before I have any little chirpies trotting around.

BP, my next-door-but-one neighbour is out every morning throwing bread and scraps out the back for the birds! She'd be horrified (I think, or maybe she knows) that she's feeding the local rats! I might casually mention it if the opportunity arises
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

well it is highly likely that it is actually her that has encouraged the rats to populate the area, they love bread!
      My Blog
      http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

If you manage to trap several young rats, get someone to kill them and LEAVE THE BODIES. This sometimes deters the rest of the tribe for a while. I discovered it by accident when I found 6 youngsters which had got IN the feedbin and couldn't get OUT again. I bashed them with the poker, lifted the corpses out, and planned on removing them further next morning.
        Next day the bodies were gone, and we had no more rats for about 6 months.
        Last edited by Hilary B; 02-09-2009, 04:25 PM.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I find a .22 air rifle to be most effective !!!!!!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
            If you manage to trap several young rats, get someone to kill them and LEAVE THE BODIES. This sometimes deters the rest of the tribe for a while. I discovered it by accident when I found 6 youngsters which had got IN the feedbin and couldn't get OUT again. I bashed them with the poker, lifted the corpses out, and planned on removing them further next morning.
            Next day the bodies were gone, and we had no more rats for about 6 months.
            Hilary, if I do manage to catch any live rats, there's no way I'll be going anywhere near them To say I'm terrified of them is an understatement!! Mind you, I'm a wuss when it comes to lots of things ..................... spiders, mice, rats, daddy-long-legs, dogs to name but a few! I do however have a friend with a gun, though what the neighbours would think if they saw him coming down the street with it then hearing a bang in the garden - maybe they'll just think one of the chooks is going to be dinner!

Comment

Ah - but doesn't that seem like good sport in its own right - neighbour baiting!!!

Have to say kev our prefered method it princess ... shes a ginger female cat who is the most vicious ratter I have ever had, alll the other cats steer well clear of rats cos they fight back but she seems to have the knack - apart from that its an air rifle here too!!
              My Blog
              http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I can't bait this neighbour, she's on my side about Basil

Comment

My best mouser/ratter had to be put down this week ... I have a couple of kittens, one of whom is pretty quick to bring down a bird, so I'm hoping she'll do the job ...
                  The Hen House

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
                    Ah - but doesn't that seem like good sport in its own right - neighbour baiting!!!

Have to say kev our prefered method it princess ... shes a ginger female cat who is the most vicious ratter I have ever had, alll the other cats steer well clear of rats cos they fight back but she seems to have the knack - apart from that its an air rifle here too!!
                    The last one i shot last friday would have been a good match for your cat,it was HUGE,took 3 shots to stop it crawling down it's hole.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X