Dog attack...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
    i was always under the impression (being a dog owner myself) that all dogs allowed outside of their dwelling had to be on a lead by law. the law also states that the dog must carry a dog tag with owners name and phone number upon it.

if the fencer had the dog runnig around him whilst fencing, then the dog should have been on the lead. therefore, technically, it is a prosecutable offence (assuming Plod can lift his nose from his paperwork). it might be worth mentioning to the fencer that the dog (even by running by the owners legs) has broken the law, even before we accuse him of flock murder, and that it might be best in all interests if he were to consider providing you with compensation for the loss of your birds, otherwise you would need to make a claim on your insurance and they would automaticaly investigate his dog, possibly bringiong about a prosecution.

it might be a load of bull, but it might urge him to help you???
    If all dogs had to be on a lead at all times (other than at home), most dogs would never get exercise worth having; I don't think the law goes that far, BUT they must be 'under control', and a dog which cannot be definitely stated to have never gone near the chickens obviously wasn't under control.
    The collar bit is right, although these days identification by microchip is quite normal.
    If the owner has taken his dog with him to work, he needs the permission of the landowner to have it loose.
    He might be able to claim that not having protested the free-running dog on arrival he was excused specifically seeking permission, but that doesn't excuse him from being obliged to know just where his dog is (barring another party releasing it, or some similar situation).
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X