Stolen chickens returned

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen chickens returned

Just seen this article in yesterday's local paper. Stolen chickens back after long trip : Express & Star
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

They were really lucky to get them back safe and well,especially after being found by a road side. Do love a happy ending though.
    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

I'd love that happy ending! I just wish they wouldn't exaggerate the value though as it gives the low-life scum more incentive to steal if they think there's a lot of money in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
        I'd love that happy ending! I just wish they wouldn't exaggerate the value though as it gives the low-life scum more incentive to steal if they think there's a lot of money in it.
        That was my feelings too Sue. Ok, Orpingtons are one of the more expensive breeds, but as for rarity, there always seem to be some around if you want some
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

there are lots around they are not all that rare - and I suppose if you buy off some breeders they can charge lots of money (and I can stab a guess at who she would buy from in her area at that price!) but from a general breeder/seller they are worth no where near that much.

but if she brought them as hatching eggs and hatched them they they are definatley cost nowhere near 100's of pounds

but over exagerating the price in local press really does promote the idea of a fast buck to morons who look at them as an easy steal to get cash quick.
          My Blog
          http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Chocolate brown Orpington bantam hatching eggs have been sold on eBay for ridiculous amounts!
            The chicks look like buff Orpingtons to me though, which are quite common!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

How lovely! It's not very often something like this happens.
              All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
              For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

I am glad they are back safely. Would anyone like to buy my Buff Orpingtons for hundreds of pounds?!! Don't all rush at once now!

Comment

I've seen buff Orpies advertised for £30 each, so I suppose 13 of them will be worth a lot if you add them together. I'm not sure that publishing this information is a good idea though, we've already seen a batch of 500 ISA browns stolen this week, presumably in the belief that they have a monetary value far in excess of reality. It does just encourage people to steal chickens, in my opinion. I also wonder about the mentality of the author, if he/she can't accept that their value to the family can be counted in more then just pounds and pence. Still, good to see them safely home.
                  Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I'm wondering why the thieves went to all the effort of stealing them and then just dumped them by the side of the road...bit odd. Presumably they had a good idea they could sell them on again before they stole them. I almost got my Orpies this year (have to wait til next year now), but it does make you worry, especially if it was a targeted attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
                      there are lots around they are not all that rare - and I suppose if you buy off some breeders they can charge lots of money (and I can stab a guess at who she would buy from in her area at that price!) but from a general breeder/seller they are worth no where near that much.

but if she brought them as hatching eggs and hatched them they they are definatley cost nowhere near 100's of pounds

Unless you look up Chocolate Orpington eggs.......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X