Dorky is in quarantine!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorky is in quarantine!

Dorky, my 16 week old Silver Grey Dorking was wheezsing and sneezing so I've quarantined her in a broody hut in a sheltered part of the run. Have I done right do you think? Tomorrow I'll add a bit of poultry spice to her food and I've got a bottle of pink nutrient drink I can add to her water.
    She seems to be eating and drinking ok and is such a pet, wanting a cuddle or a stoke all the time!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I think you did the right thing quarantining her Snadger, and giving her the extra nutrients to boost her system a bit. I'd be looking to see if I could find out what's causing the symptoms, is it a simple cold or is it something else? Fingers crossed for her. Give her a cuddle from me
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Chances are it's just a cold, but good to quarantine just in case. If it is a cold she will be ok in 2 - 3 days.

Comment

Fingers crossed for you Snadger!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

if its a cold you can try respite in the water, works really well, a simple cold they will get over relatively quickly from around 3 days to 2 weeks and will not really get that ill apart from the sneezing etc, if its something more than a cold she will start to go downhill, going off her food, huddling up etc - the usuall signs of a poorly bird
          My Blog
          http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I had a wee hen that was sneezing etc... after seperating her from the others for 24hrs the cold went away it seemed... after consideration I now beleive that she reacted to the horse type wood shavings i put in her house she and her hatch mates now have a hay bedded house and she hasn't sneezed since....

Comment

What's the other thing called - mycoplasma? Just read that she didn't make it - such a shame. Would antiobiotics help the others?
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X