No announcement yet.

Fatten up

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walldanzig - yep turkey finisher is fine - only real difference between turkey and chicken finisher is chicken finisher contains ACS, also protein is slighty higher in turkey too but not that much and all that will do is encourage a layer of fat.

Peelings and scraps are great to fill a bird up as a treat but they will certainly do little to encourage a consistant weight gain for meat production as its all about protein levels - fish might be high in protein but it will taint. Careful with left over brekkie too as chooks are lactose intolerant in quite a serious way - obviously minus milk it is fine and mine love weetabix, rice crispies and cornflakes.

Paxo - hahahaha mo - love it ready stuffed - might have to try that one!!!!
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
      Walldanzig - yep turkey finisher is fine - only real difference between turkey and chicken finisher is chicken finisher contains ACS, also protein is slighty higher in turkey too but not that much and all that will do is encourage a layer of fat.

Peelings and scraps are great to fill a bird up as a treat but they will certainly do little to encourage a consistant weight gain for meat production as its all about protein levels - fish might be high in protein but it will taint. Careful with left over brekkie too as chooks are lactose intolerant in quite a serious way - obviously minus milk it is fine and mine love weetabix, rice crispies and cornflakes.

Paxo - hahahaha mo - love it ready stuffed - might have to try that one!!!!
      Surely extra protein will do the opposite of encouraging fat?
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X