afternoon snooze

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afternoon snooze

Is it normal for the girls to have a afternoon snooze?

Yes - Especially if you are having the lovely weather we are. Mine are all lying around sunbathing with their wings out. When they have had enough they go under the bushes and flop out under there too!

Comment

I love watching my lot sunbathing first put one wing out, then swap over to the other side to get an even tan
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

My parrot snoozes daytime too ... after her mad morning screech and before evening playtime
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

All mine have an afternoon snooze. First time I saw them lying there with a wing stretched out I thought they were dead! If it gets too hot they get under a mini gazebo.

Comment

They love to lie on their sides one wing out stretched soaking the rays!
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

know the feeling RT!
              My Blog
              http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

lol agreed but the first time I saw it, it gave me a bloody heart attack, thought they were dead!
                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

roflmao - I can imagine it now!!!!
                  My Blog
                  http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

After the mad scramble for grub in the morning, they all settle down, the young ones all go up one end of the run and either scratch about or settle down on the floor. I've found a couple get up to perch on the bits and bobs I have around, stick heads under wings and have a peoper sleep. The older gals all do it too.
                    I love watching them bask in the sun when its fine out.
                    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Mine will lay down on their sides and sometimes their backs soaking up the little sunshine we have. They like to lay in the holes they've dug.
                      All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                      For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

If they are in the run they find a shady spot - behind the house for instance - but if they are on their bit of 'grass' they make depressions in the dust and settle down there. They often do the scooping soil with the wings thing too, half on one side. They do seem to be having a rest but I don't think they kip much - they're up and legging it over if they see me - on the assumption of food. No luck this week - Flubenvet and no treats!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X