Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do with a determined banty?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do with a determined banty?

She sadly didn't manage t o hatch any of Maureen's eggs, due to a few factors I reckon so I took the eggs away in case of smelly explosion risk, and yesterday, she seemed fine, running around and bullying the young ones!!

Went down to feed and collect what eggs were there so far this morning and she's back on the nest all fluffed up and flattened out, keeping some new laid eggs warm!

So peeps - would you:

A) move her, see how she sits and get her half a dozen from up the road?
    or
    B) keep taking her off nest till she gets the message and let her try next year?

I like the idea of hatching chicks again, but I feel it may be late in the year to get fertile ones, also I wouldn't like any littluns freezing if the weather turned either. What would you guys do?
    Kirsty b xx

Be a star - and get her some more eggs!

My first batch were laid in January- and 3 survived.
    I'm getting some Marans in November and if they've been freeranging with some lads then I'll certainly try and hatch their first eggs- even if it means getting an incubator!
    Last edited by Nicos; 15-09-2009, 12:16 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

If you have a off-cold shed (with daylight, or able to be lit artificially, 'cause they won't eat in the dark) to put her and her babies in when the weather gets cold, I'd go for A, otherwise, B.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X