electric fencing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    The only bit I find a pain is moving it when I need to mow cos if the grass is too high then it's not as powerful. ( what do you other peeps do?????)
    A friend sprays round the bottom of the fence with organic weedkiller ...
    The Hen House

Comment

Originally posted by walldanzig View Post
      the chickens would jump over the normal fence by jumping on their house. They would then spend the rest of the day trying to get back in
      My electric mesh is over a metre high, and they can get over it if they try, so they all have one wing clipped!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
        I've bought a roll of narrow damp proof membrane to lay out on the ground/grass to stop it earthing out. I read about it on another forum. About £5 from Wickes
        good idea!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

forgot to say that mine can fly over if they want to, and for that reason I've left their wings unclipped- so they can get back in again in an emergency!!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Another happy electric fence owner here. I put a foot wide strip of old carpet under the fence (was given loads!), and tension the corners by tying it to some stakes. I also use tent pegs to fasten it to the ground at odd intervals along the length, to avoid Mr Fox being able to nose under it.

There are loads of foxes down at the plot where I keep my hens (next to my plot is a field of sheep, and when one died and wasn't removed straight away - they're nothing to do with me I hasten to add!! - it was stripped to a set of bones overnight ), and so far, so good, touch wood.

I've got a solar panel to charge the battery for mine, and it's brilliant, I hardly ever have to top it up via the mains, only in the winter when it's very cold and not sunny for days.
            Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X