Squirrels?:confused:

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirrels?:confused:

Are they a physical threat to my ladies?

There was a very bold and determined tree rat taking an unwelcome interest in my charges. I threw pebbles and a flipping great stone at it (missed every time) but it was the noise of the spray bottle (water) that seemed to discourage him.
    If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Squirrels - natures little speed bumps!!

its after the food and would do little actual harm to your ladies - well we've never had a problem, they seem to like the corn!
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

We've got squirrels here, but they actually seem disinterested in both the chickens and the food - they are just focussed on harvesting all the hazelnuts and burying them madly all over the garden. We also have a peanut feeder out for the wild birds but the squirrels ignore that too, which is quite unusual I think.

Comment

The way Squirrel Nutkin was staring at my young ladies and trying to sidle up to them I thought he was either sizing them up for supper or considering making dishonourable designs on their virtue

They're saucy little blighters. I had one run up my skirt as I was walking through Russell Square Park in the centre of London a few years ago

Comment

They are supposed to taste very nice, a bit like chicken, apparently!

Comment

Yes, I've heard that too. Nutkin is safe from my pot until I improve my aim

Comment

You'd need more than one Eco-chic - can;t think of a better thing for the horrid vermin!! (not a squirrel fan - does it show!!!)
              My Blog

Comment

Nooooooooo you hide it well Bramble-Poultry - NOT

I used to think they were cute until they dug up my pot grown saladings and herbs, dug up my bulbs and are now ogling my ladies

However, I had a seedling oak and now some holly growing in the garden which I assume the squirrels donated, so they have made small contributions.

Some years ago they overran the park behind my garden and I presume they raided the birds nests because all of a sudden there were very few birds. When they returned crows, rooks and magpies led, followed by tits and last year the sparrows.

Comment

A Squirrel might steal eggs (chook eggs as well as sparrow etc). I wouldn't trust one of the hairy-tailed yankee tree-rats near a broody either, but I reckon most chooks are simply too lively for them.
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I see we are all members of the grapevine squirel apreciation society!!!
                    My Blog

Comment

Getting a strange feeling of deja vu!....think I upset a few a while back over my "love"()of the little tree rats!!!!
                      Still not gotten round to trying any!
                      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Well Nutkin didn't come twitching his whiskers at my gels today so I may not buy a water cannon after all

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X