No announcement yet.

Feeling down, and worried

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I list two of my four in a fortnight recently. I really think that it was old age as the 3rd ex batt also became poorly (luckily she recovered), they moulted, regrew feathers then started laying soft shelled eggs and gradually went downhill. You can only do your best xxx

Comment

big Hugs! I lost 4 ex-batts over the year and know how heartbreaking it is. Just remember that they at least got to enjoy retirement with loads of love and treats! It is for this reason, I've been aiming at having a half and half population. I will definitely get more ex-batts in the future though as I feel it is the right thing to do for them.
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by vicky View Post
        I list two of my four in a fortnight recently. I really think that it was old age as the 3rd ex batt also became poorly (luckily she recovered), they moulted, regrew feathers then started laying soft shelled eggs and gradually went downhill. You can only do your best xxx
        I think this is definitely how it happens with them. Your posts could have been the story of my flock this year. I too will always have some ex-batts as long as they need to come out. I'm down to 3 out of 12 but they all felt the sun and did all the chickeny things.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X