Who put the chickens in my car?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who put the chickens in my car?

Well I went to Carlisle Rare Breed Sale on Saturday, just for a look! After all there were 37 breeds of LF and 27 breeds of bantams, plus colour variations.
    I did want a pair of Cream Legbars (prices permitting) and a pair of Silver Sussex.
    Wow there were some gorgeous birds, one pair of blue partridge Brahma were catching everyones eyes, they sold for £110. Sadly the nicest Ssussex were from the same breeder as my original trio and fetched too much for me, but I did get a pair of legbars and the nice guy from the auction popped them in the back of my car. But when I go home and unloaded them they had turned into 3 pairs? And the brahma x that Id gone ahhh at were there too! They said they just followed the nice man to my car and hopped in when he wasn't looking....here they are with my SSuss cockeral Snadger and one of the Legbar cocks and the smallest legbar hen who is a completely different colour to the other two
    Attached Files
    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

thats the trouble Hilly - word gets around that you have a nice house to live in if you are a chook and they all want to come home with you, so they are naughty and stow away!!!!

they are lovely though Hilly and thanx for the piccies I love the one on the left in the first piccy
    Last edited by Bramble-Poultry; 22-09-2009, 09:57 AM.
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Maybe I should go in disguise in future then
      Here's another one for you Bramble Not sure what the cross is, but they're lovely, and very friendly. Also big. Snadger is full grown and these still look like youngsters. Thats my little banty maran hen min in the background, she loks like a sparrow by comparison They came from the breeder who had the blue partridge Brahmas that were so lovely, although I didnt realise that till I looked in the catalogue when I got home.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
        Well I went to Carlisle Rare Breed Sale on Saturday, just for a look! After all there were 37 breeds of LF and 27 breeds of bantams, plus colour variations.
        I did want a pair of Cream Legbars (prices permitting) and a pair of Silver Sussex.
        Wow there were some gorgeous birds, one pair of blue partridge Brahma were catching everyones eyes, they sold for £110. Sadly the nicest Ssussex were from the same breeder as my original trio and fetched too much for me, but I did get a pair of legbars and the nice guy from the auction popped them in the back of my car. But when I go home and unloaded them they had turned into 3 pairs? And the brahma x that Id gone ahhh at were there too! They said they just followed the nice man to my car and hopped in when he wasn't looking....here they are with my SSuss cockeral Snadger and one of the Legbar cocks and the smallest legbar hen who is a completely different colour to the other two
        Took a piccie of my (possible) Silver Sussex cockerel a day or two ago........he is absolutely huge and rules over my other two cockerels with an iron fist!
        Attached Files
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Twins I'll try to get a better photo of Snadge, but yours looks like a Sil Suss to me. Got any hens? Mine arent show quality, not got the silver on their neck and chest, but really iridescent beetle green. Lovely.

Comment

Snadger he's lovely a really stunning boy!

Hilly thanks for the piccie - its a giant whatever it is - I love it.
            My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
              Here's another one for you Bramble Not sure what the cross is, but they're lovely, and very friendly. Also big.
              Ooh, thigh high boots. Very on trend for this season.

Do the chooks keep the leg feathers nice and clean or do they need grooming by their carers?
              If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

eco-chic - alas they get very muddy and full of stuff - thats why I have the first ever chicken grooming palour - all of mine like a warm bubble bath!! It doesn;t seem to matter how many times I clean runs and houses they will find the only bit of mud or poop to go and stand in just to get all muddy - rather like children I'm positive the little sods do it on purpose!!!

Hilly its definatley a Brahma cross of some sorts - but absolutely adorable - still rekkon the lakes might be nice this time of year
                My Blog

Comment

This happens to me and I think it's becoming a serious problem. There is obviously someone (possibly a gang) out there who sneak chickens into cars when no-one is looking.
                  Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I'm sure they must be touring the country Blue - its a serious form of organised gang who are smuggling chickens into cars - they strike around here quite often!
                    My Blog

Comment

I may take the wife out to lunch at the weekend and see what finds its way into the back of the chrysler
                      don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                      remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

I shall stop locking back door. It's an estate.

Wonder if chooks like to play the 'how many of us can fit inside here' game
                        If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

definatley in my car Eco - its a people carrier and they pack themselves in, they consideratley put themselves into cat carriers or cardboard boxes too so as not to make a mess like!!!
                          My Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X