What do I do with my Polish Bantam?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do with my Polish Bantam?

Tiffany has now been renamed Trevor! I've not had chickens long but he is a boy, I'm convinced! I can't eat him (veggie anyway) and Mr C won't eat him either (non veggie.)

and how do you know he's a boy?? crowing? woops!

You bought him recently from a breeder, did you not? If so, contact them and see if they'll swap him for a girl. If not, pop a free ad in PP magazine, with him being a breed you might be lucky. If not, you could ask a friend/neighbour if they'll do the deed for you.

It's never nice though...I have 4 to worry about at the moment!
    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
      and how do you know he's a boy?? crowing? woops!

You bought him recently from a breeder, did you not? If so, contact them and see if they'll swap him for a girl. If not, pop a free ad in PP magazine, with him being a breed you might be lucky. If not, you could ask a friend/neighbour if they'll do the deed for you.

It's never nice though...I have 4 to worry about at the moment!
      No he's not crowing, but he's huge compared to the other one, stands upright and challenges you (at 8/9 weeks!) when you go into the run. Very noisy but not crowing. Just noticed a ridge sort of thing forming on his nose and wattles already (that is the right word isn't it) the flappy bits lol!

Comment

If you lived closer I would say bring him to me. Then I would eat him.

Comment

Oh nice Petal! Although there won't be much eating on a Polish Bantam!

Yes, sounds like a boy! You'll generally see the neck feathers stand on end when they challenge you. Their neck feathers tend to be more pointy as well.

I'd put an ad in PP mag, and post on some forums re FTGH. You didn't say if you got him from a breeder....if so, you could contact them and see if they'll swap.

Comment

I'm in agreement with Bobbie,contact the breeder & see if they'll do a swap.Were they sold to you as girls or was there always the chance that some were boys?If you were then I think the least they can do is take him off your hands,if not offer a refund.
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
              I'm in agreement with Bobbie,contact the breeder & see if they'll do a swap.Were they sold to you as girls or was there always the chance that some were boys?If you were then I think the least they can do is take him off your hands,if not offer a refund.
              Hi, it was a case of someone at the lottie had a mate who had some, so got whatever really. Teach me for going to the lottie and coming back with them, couldn't resist though!

Comment

Oh bad luck Mrs C. You too Beph. Know just how you feel.

Comment

Have purposefully not got attached to any of them for this reason though, so don't mind him going.

Comment

Well then you'll have to try to rehome now. He's a breed, and a bantam...so more desirable than a hybrid cockerel. You should go to PP and post a free ad, which will appear in the next two months magazines. You could also put a wee add in adtrader or gumtree, preloved, etc. If you start looking now you might very well find him a home...I mean I've managed to find a home for 3 of my cockerels, and none of them have as much as attempted a crow yet!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X