OK to eat?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK to eat?

Well,Andi finally managed to cull one of our boys yesterday.(I'm very proud of him,he'd made up his mind he was going to do it yesterday but unfortunately couldn't find anyone to help so did it all by himself...and strangely chose his favourite boy for his first!)
    Anyway,it's in the fridge as we speak,we're just a little concerned as to a small growth under the skin...it looks like a little black bean & is literally just under the skin.(on the breast)Any ideas as to what it could be...and is it normal & just one of those perfectly safe things that we don't get to see because it doesn't pass the Supermarket "sight" test?
    Last edited by di; 01-11-2009, 09:57 AM.
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Is it in the meat- or loose under the skin???

If it's loose then I wouldn't be worried at all ( not that I know anything !!!)
    If he appeared healthy and the intestines etc looked healthy then I'd go ahead and eat him
    Peeps get lumps and bumps under the skin which are benign - and I'm sure they're perfectly healthy to eat if you're a cannibal!

( it's always you or me who gets these 'weird' things happen isn't it???...have you noticed???)
    Last edited by Nicos; 01-11-2009, 10:10 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It's not the bit under the preen gland at the tail end is it? If so, just remove it, then cook and eat the chook. Enjoy Well done Andi
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I'm sure it's fine. I would go ahead and eat, and enjoy!

Comment

It is loose & it's on the breast...not near the tail.A kind of bluey colour...possibly a little blood blister type thing?It's right at a feather shaft thing.(like our hair folicles)
          As I've not got anything out of the freezer I think we'll be having him for dinner tonight...I'll let you all know in the morning if I'm poorly!...or not!!!

Comment

That's all it is! It's where the feather would start to grow from. Eat it and enjoy it.

Comment

D'oh!!!!

enjoy!!!

Comment

Of course I did know that!...just like to keep you all on your toes & ensure questions are asked...just in case someone else didn't know & was afraid to ask!!!

Cheers Loves!xx

Looking forward to a full lottie meal later...do you think it matters we didn't grow the wheat or milk for our batters?

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                  Looking forward to a full lottie meal later...do you think it matters we didn't grow the wheat or milk for our batters?
                  bet you didn't grow the oil for frying or the salt and pepper either... I think it still counts as a fully home-grown meal. You have to think that way...Otherwise you'd never manage it.

Reb

Comment

Originally posted by Reb Williams View Post
                    bet you didn't grow the oil for frying or the salt and pepper either... I think it still counts as a fully home-grown meal. You have to think that way...Otherwise you'd never manage it.

Reb

Comment

I'm here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                        I'm here!!!

....and Andi?????

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X