Bizarre chook death?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
    Dashy, I think the saying is "turned up her toes and dropped off the perch".
    Ah, sorry about that. Have been saying it wrongly all these years.

Comment

sorry to hear this Snadge.....its probably just one of those things, but lucky ex-batts who get you for a 'dad'
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

sorry to hear your news, what a shock

Comment

We had a girl fall off her perch in shock once when OH turned on the lights in the middle of the night, she made a thud but was ok (perch is only about 8 inches above ledge).

Dambusters movie - chicken farmer writing to MOD to complain the night test flights over his farm "my chickens are falling off their perches and laying premature eggs"
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I am not convinced that falling from the perch would kill a healthy chook, unless perhaps she was PUSHED off by the others?
            At that sort of height she should be able to land 'right way up', and a broken neck seems an unlikely effect of landing any other way than beak first!
            Remember the 'mine shaft' thing
            A mouse falling down a mineshaft will squeak and run off, a cat will be badly shaken, but OK after a rest, a medium sized dog will howl about broken legs, a large dog will be killed outright.
            I can't see the landing being that drastic for a chook, unless it was already in serious trouble.
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I suspect she was already dead when she landed and broke her neck though, Snadger. Such a shock to find her though.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

poor thing, I expect she died then just fell off. I love light sussex hens they have such pleasant temperaments.

Comment

Aww sorry Snadger, its just not been lucky for you with your chooks lately has it? Fingers crossed all will be well from now on.
                  Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X