Poultry auctions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poultry auctions

I fancy going to one of these, just to snoop, of course... Is there a web page which lists them?

Think it's a bit late in the year for auctions now (well it is here anyway). I'm planning on going to the next Penkridge one, but that's not until next April
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
      I fancy going to one of these, just to snoop, of course... Is there a web page which lists them?
      There was an informal list of sales etc on Practical Poultry forum.

Comment

check your local paper and PP mag. If you do have a local sale - prices are very low at the moment. Breeders are selling off young stock that hasn't got exhibition or good breeding potential - they don't want to incur feeding costs over winter.

Comment

Penkridge is still on and will be on all over the winter so don't stop going I get some of my best buys this time of year when there are not so many people there to bid as its to cold to stand still.

Comment

Penkridge in the west mids is on every wednesday, leek in staffordshire is on every other saturday (Leek Auctions Limited), chelford is on most mondays and i think that there is a regular weekly one on at Hereford, but not sure. havent been for over two years so it might have shut down.
            My Blog
            http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Penky cheap! i went there this afternoon - my god - i couldnt believe some of the prices!

hatching eggs (wrong time of year in my opinion) were going for silly prices. Some were really cheap (£2 for half a dozen light sussex) and then others were going really expensive (£12 for half a dozen copper maran)

As for duck eggs, no hatching eggs, but extra large eating ones were going for £1 a dozen

poultry prices were as variable - Welsummer cockerel 50p, welsummer hens £12, cream legbar chicks (6 weeks) £1.50 each, japanese quail £4 each, chinese quail £2 each!

you really took your chances with the prices today.
              My Blog

Comment

And what sneaked into your car jennie?

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
                  I've only been to two in my life.(Both at Hexham) The first was with friends where I didn't bid. The second was by myself where I bought a pair of black Minorca's!

I can thoroughly recommend it petal. The prices seemed to get cheaper as the day went on!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

An English Game Hen - thats all i was a good girlie
                    My Blog

Comment

Same at Leek Snadger - all the birds in the first hour of the auction go for silly money but if you are game enough to hang around for 3 hours they start to get cheap - really really cheap - i have got a box of mixed growers for 25p each and some pekin hens for just £2.50 each - but by this time I've usually been at the auction 6 or 7 hours!!!
                      My Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X