baby ducks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby ducks

Mr. happy is the yellow one, domino is the different coloured one, then the four smokey coloured runners are called Hairy, smoky, Gambit and sooty according to my little girl. they make a right mess and what a pong!
    Attached Files

I could put up with the pong to have those little cuties.

Comment

Just gorgeous!

Comment

Ooh I want them. So cute.

Gambit is a very sophisticated name
        If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

how old are they? i have only raised one batch of ducklings, years ago, and when they were 4 weeks old and started to be prettymuch feathered, we put a paint roller tray in the run with a little bit of water. They used the ribbed bit like a ramp and loved it. covered the walls in duck scented water i seem to recall but they loved it!

after the winter i fancy some traditional pekin ducks - anyone know of any going for sale around Stafford?
          My Blog
          http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
            Mr. happy is the yellow one, domino is the different coloured one, then the four smokey coloured runners are called Hairy, smoky, Gambit and sooty according to my little girl. they make a right mess and what a pong!
            Not half as messy and pongy as they will be in a few weeks time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post

after the winter i fancy some traditional pekin ducks - anyone know of any going for sale around Stafford?
              I think there were some for sale at the last auction in Penkridge, so maybe next April?
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Petal the one on the left looks like the same as our four (now 2). How are Donald and Daffy? The littles are so sweet, love the yellow one..
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Maureen - Thanks - i will have a look in April then, there were two littel ducklings at Penky today, but they were of indeterminate breed. "duck of the day" - i.e whatever the drake managed to get hold of!
                  My Blog
                  http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                    Petal the one on the left looks like the same as our four (now 2). How are Donald and Daffy? The littles are so sweet, love the yellow one..
                    Donald and Daffy(Graham!) are really happy. They wander round the entire garden looking for slugs and play in their paddling pool. When its bedtime they are very well behaved and go to their shed when asked. Perfect pets!:-much cleverer than chickens and they duffed the kitten in when it thought it might stalk them!

Comment

Oh I'd have loved to have seen that, they are such characters, Crispy and Aromatic have gotten better about bedtime too since the boys went. Maybe if we get a chance we'll pop over to say hi over Crimbleish...
                      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

That would be lovely - you can see all the chicks too!

Comment

Check my bags before I leave in case one decides to ummm.... hide
                          Hayley B

Comment

I bet you fall in love with the pekins!

Comment

awwwwwwww bless, ducklings are so cute

i can vouch for the fact ... that 5 months old ducks are the noisiest shittiest smelliest things ever ... have fun lol ....

is looking forward to xmas dinner
                              Last edited by lynda66; 12-11-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X