No announcement yet.

baby ducks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Pekin ducks ???????? nooooooooo so cute.....

His Lordship has said he'll put together a CD of Donald and Daffy's pics from first rescue/baths as babes to grown up for you (he loves the ducks more 'n the chooks)
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Now now Lynda Don 'n Daf are not for table
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

pekin chickens! we would love to see pictures of them as biddies. river cottage is on tonight - so looking forward- hope he has gone back to more original format.

Comment

Missed it as CB was doing a speech and drama thing at school, sat through two hours of BMS budding actors before getting to Frankie and Bennies at 9.30pm I was dying of starvation by then AND missed HFW
          Hayley B

Comment

hugh was a bit more like his original format, however, he does seem to be more recipe orientated again. no bad thing as we all like a good recipe, and yes, his offal stew did look the business, but i wonder how many of us could actually get hold of most of the ingredients. I can get beef heart, but diaphragms and a whole tongue does make it harder to achieve.

Hopefully we will see more of Park Farm as that is a great place to be. Very good feeling there and a hotbed of innovation. i.e using guttering to start your peas, and then slide into the drill when they are established, using old tin cans as herb planters for the windowsill, that sort of thing. This is what we need more of!
            Last edited by Bramble-Poultry; 13-11-2009, 08:48 PM.
            My Blog
            http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Re-cycle, re-cycle, re-cycle!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
                hugh was a bit more like his original format, however, he does seem to be more recipe orientated again. no bad thing as we all like a good recipe, and yes, his offal stew did look the business, but i wonder how many of us could actually get hold of most of the ingredients. I can get beef heart, but diaphragms and a whole tongue does make it harder to achieve.

Hopefully we will see more of Park Farm as that is a great place to be. Very good feeling there and a hotbed of innovation. i.e using guttering to start your peas, and then slide into the drill when they are established, using old tin cans as herb planters for the windowsill, that sort of thing. This is what we need more of!
                Beef 'skirt' is not actually hard to find (well we can get it in Waitrose fairly often). That is what the diaphragm is sold as. Best bet for these things is if you have access to an abattoir with a butcher's shop attached, or a farm shop selling home produced meat.
                When we had a sheep farm, our own meat was killed at home (strictly for use on the premises) and on slaughter day I made a massive casserole of liver, kidney and heart, with as many veg as possible, especially lots of onions, and a tin of tomatoes (didn't have home grwon toms then). It was filling and delicious!
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

thanks hilary, there is a butcher in Eccleshall that runs a small abatoir, i will try them in the week.
                  My Blog
                  http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

beef skirt is commonly available in morrissons
                    don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                    remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse