Good Offer!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Offer!

If you are looking into keeping chickens (or even if you already have some) this may be of interest. Check out the special offer on this site:

Welcome to Worldwide Poultry - Your poultry supplier in Beaulieu, New Forest, Hampshire.

I thought it looked really good. What do you all think?

blimey £50 for advice and vacines? Thornes poultry does all this for free! Read a book, I find is cheaper and vets know about chickens - they treat budgies after all!

Comment

i can see where richmond is coming from - they appear to have an excellant after sales service, however, as petal says, i find you can turn to a book whenever there is a problem, usually at 11pm in the dark and rain, when a shop isnt interested in answering the phone.

However, back to richmond on this, i feel that the after sales service offered by these guys (especially the buy back scheme on drakes hatched out from their fertile duck eggs) i sexcellant, although probably the service we shoudl expect rather than commend as excellant.

I am torn between this site as to whether it is an example for all to follow, or one who is trying to make a few quid by exploiting other peoples failures.....

Jury is out here i am afraid. I suppose the acid test is to buy and try..........
      My Blog
      http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Got my Diatoms from there when they were doing a BOGOF offer. There's chickens everywhere, even out in the road. I asked bloke there (Ron) if they had any problem with foxes as the chickens were not fenced or confined. He told me to join the newsletter to find out how to be fox free. Talking to my BIL later (he's a pest controller) and he said of course they haven't got a fox problem there, they are on a large country estate with 3 full time game keepers. Glad I didn't pay £50 to find that out!

Comment

I am very happy with the FREE advice I get here

I think they have loaded their prices in order to offer the 10% discount (outwith the £50 newsletter) and I find their p&p is extortionate. £7.90 can get a courier to deliver considerably in excess of 10Kg and they are charging £9.90 p&p for £5kg of Diatoms.

I am very suspicious about this comment "It is important, however, that you keep us up to date of the number of birds you have that might vary from time to time."

Why would they need to know
          If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

probably tracking if you are losing any of the birds which would indicate if they may have problems too if it happens soon after purchase.

Mind you, i went into Wynstay feeds today to get some poultry rings and they asked me to fill in a questionaire so that they could keep tabs on how many chickens i had and whether i needed to be reported to DEFRA for "Avian Flu Control".

I told them to bog off as i have a holdin number and registered with the GB Poultry Register so if they wanted to know they could do so through that. personally i think it was some marketting ploy
            My Blog
            http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I absolutely loathe that style of website, and the tone of advertising reminds me of the ubiquitous used car salesman, who is incapable of saying a proper number and so says 'Four, Nine, Nine' instead of 499...! I have no personal experience with these people, so I can't comment on their service etc., that's just the immediate impression I get from the webpage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
                Mind you, i went into Wynstay feeds today to get some poultry rings and they asked me to fill in a questionaire so that they could keep tabs on how many chickens i had and whether i needed to be reported to DEFRA for "Avian Flu Control".
                Yup, I think they may be self appointed chook monitors cum busybodies and will be hectoring and nagging for vaccinations and registrations and subscriptions and filling in of things and it makes me itchy and uncomfortable.

If one of the 114 year old team of experts falls off the perch will they give a refund on the newsletter d'ya think
                Last edited by Eco-Chic; 14-11-2009, 11:29 PM. Reason: typo correction

Comment

I actually just thought the offer of hen house, hens, feed and equipment, plus aftercare, all in one package seemed a good one, that's all.

Comment

Don't take our criticism of the site personally RH. Your advise and suggestions are invaluable. The offer does seem like a good one. My mum lives in the New Forest so I have visited WorldWide Poultry a couple of times to save the postage. They do know about chickens and in fact think they know more than anyone else! Told me to cull my ex-batts and get some of theirs. Like that would happen. It's a farm,no shop as such so I guess you can call them out of hours.

Comment

Richmond, I hope I haven't caused any offence. I was quite serious about being delighted with the quality of advice and help to be found on this forum.

Comment

No offence taken!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X