X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celery leaves?

Can I give these to my girls?
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Yes. Mine love them.

Comment

I plan making soup with mine!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks! I thought somewhere Id read that they were poisonous! The girls will have them over the next week, together with the, what we call in Chorley "pot herbs" - a mixture of chopped veg, usually used for making soup, which I have boiled up for them. The broth left over will be used in my next stock pot.
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Celery leaves are not poisonous Dexterdog. You can eat them yourself. They make a great pot of celery soup. I think the best celery flavour is in the leaves.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            Celery leaves are not poisonous Dexterdog. You can eat them yourself. They make a great pot of celery soup. I think the best celery flavour is in the leaves.
            Thanks Alice. I shall use them in the future. Off to give some to the girls now.............
            Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X