Featherless white star

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featherless white star

help, one of my white stars is losing its feathers around its neck and has a bare bottom. It sits there and seems to sometimes be pulling its feathers out itself. The other white star has a pull on its feathers every now and then and then just does not bother and our gold line doesnt do any pulling. Is this normal

Have you checked for parasits???...no idea - but just a thought
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yes, we have not got red mite

Comment

Moulting????
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Do chickens moult this time of year??

Comment

Originally posted by Dane End Dolly View Post
            Do chickens moult this time of year??
            My coop is full of feathers every morning! My new ex-batts are moulting as are some of my second year birds. It's a tad late but maybe the late October sun has thrown them out a bit. It's normally late summer.

Comment

Ours are just coming out of moult, Bibs looks like she's an oven-ready again
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Mine don't seem to have done much of a moult. But I notice Chappy, the Cuckoo Marans, is now part grey speckled and part brown speckled - what's that all about?
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  Mine don't seem to have done much of a moult. But I notice Chappy, the Cuckoo Marans, is now part grey speckled and part brown speckled - what's that all about?
                  Tricolour collies (and other breeds too for all I know!) go rusty on their black parts when they're dropping coat so maybe your Marans in doing the same!

Comment

A lot of my birds are second laying year birds which makes them three years old.
                    This year they are now in full moult whereas in previous years they have just had a neck moult. When they are moulting they stop laying, which is the beauty of having a flock of varying ages as you will still get a few eggs from tuthers.
                    One of my mini flocks are just starting to lay for what I think is there first season.
                    I'm so glad I bought or hatched my birds at varying times as succession seems to be the name of the game!

Still haven't planned for if and when they all come into lay...............don't know whether my honesty box will take the strain of 30 eggs per day!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger, it'll soon be worth you printing your own logo on your own egg boxes. I think it should be the donated doors coop you made with one fluffy feather drifting out of it and a hen with a goofy grin
                      If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
                        Snadger, it'll soon be worth you printing your own logo on your own egg boxes. I think it should be the donated doors coop you made with one fluffy feather drifting out of it and a hen with a goofy grin
                        When I built that coop I built a nestbox into it. Because the recent chooks I put into it weren't laying, I took the straw out of the nestbox and placed their feeder in there out of the way.
                        On opening the coop door yesterday I found two eggs on the coop floor! I hastily removed the feeder and replemished the straw in the nestbox, the feeder, after replemishment has been moved to another spot.
                        Hopefully if any eggs are layed today, it will be in the nestbox!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X