What a scotsman wears under his kilt!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a scotsman wears under his kilt!

Just thought you might like these picis. Festher commiserates with Bluemoon on the problems of controlling fluffy knickers in the wind, then turns the corner and..ooops...only to stalk off in a huff at my laughter. And I couldn't resist my cream legbar hen saying 'can I have a pici too please'
    Attached Files
    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

bless them my lot have bare bots at the mo so I imagine they're getting a wee bit chilly!

Comment

What lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing them.
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Lovely pics - they are such characters aren't they?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Isn't it amazing how many different colours cream legbars come in, they are so pretty too, I think my next investment will be a couple more or three or four.......................
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Lovely chickens - I lerve chicken pictures!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Yes I'm intrigued by the cream legbars too. My 3 legbar girls are all different - two pale but with very different crests, one very dark. The cocks all hatched with different coloured down too, ranging from yellowy grey, through to a browny one that I half thought was a girl, for about a day, although they have all feathered up virtually identical.

Comment

richmond - kind of knackers up the hype that CLB are autosexing doesnt it when all the cocks come out differing colours!

I must admit we were intrigued when our lot hatched out from some bought in eggs. We were assured that the chicks were autosexing so when we had three definate colours hatch out we figures, girl, boy and girly-boy! but it turned out mainly girls and an odd cockerel. which is of no use nor ornament (except in the pot) as he cant "covort" with his sisters!
                My Blog
                http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Did a rootle on't net and most sites just said auto-sexing for legbar chicks. Found one that said males, shades of yellow, sometimes slightly blotched, females shades of deep yellow through to brown with eye-liner and stripes.
                  I've got 2 cream legbar without crests and 4 with crests. the 2 and 4 are really different, both build and colour. I'll have to get some picis. The un-crested girl looks more like a leghorn shape, and is very delicately coloured where the others are strong colours.
                  BP
                  and an odd cockerel. which is of no use nor ornament (except in the pot) as he cant "covort" with his sisters!
                  hah, I've got a related cockeral too, want to swap?
                  Remember you said
                  I hear its lovely in the lakes at this time of year
                  still want to visit

Comment

Ha!...that's lovely!!!!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Aww...Festher!! I was so excited to get home from work to see some pics of my boy (ok ok, he's not my boy anymore...but it's force of habit!). He looks brilliant...apart from his bare bum!!

He seems to have settled in nicely, and certainly seems close to his pretty girls.

I'm so glad he's got a home with you Hilly...it makes me feel so good to know he's living the high life...even if he can't understand the weird English accent and is being flooded daily!
                      I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
                        richmond - kind of knackers up the hype that CLB are autosexing doesnt it when all the cocks come out differing colours!

I must admit we were intrigued when our lot hatched out from some bought in eggs. We were assured that the chicks were autosexing so when we had three definate colours hatch out we figures, girl, boy and girly-boy! but it turned out mainly girls and an odd cockerel. which is of no use nor ornament (except in the pot) as he cant "covort" with his sisters!
                        They were still sexable as cocks despite the down difference. As you know, I had a high male to female ratio, with only 3 hens out of 12 eggs (7 cocks, 2 clear) in two separate hatches of 6. The girls hatched very definitely dark and stripey, and the cocks were pretty much anything else! I was just intrigued by the colour difference among the cocks, particularly in the second hatch when I had 1 girl and 4 boys.

(I'm glad you are having one as they are quite characterful little fellas.)

Comment

Richmond - i have PM'd you, weather permitting we may be up your way this weekend......
                          My Blog
                          http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I just want to know how you knew about the fluffy knickers!
                            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Bluemoon
                              I just want to know how you knew about the fluffy knickers!

ROFL
                              Yorkshires level with Cumbria, its b***** cold up here, call it an educated guess,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X