Clever things, rats.........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clever things, rats.........

When I put the floor in my octagon hut I raised it two foot above ground level to keep it dry and vermin proof..........I thought.
    Was still at the lottie as it was getting dusk today and I noticed rats climbing on each others shoulders and squeezing up the window rebate on the inside of my hut door. One rat was standing on another rats shoulders as another rat climbed over both using them as a rat ladder. I had to do a wee bit of fettling to the door to make it rat proof and just for good measure added two blocks of poison under the hut, where my chooks couldn't get at it.
    If rats were the size of humans, methinks it would harken the end of the human race............
    Last edited by Snadger; 06-12-2009, 04:57 PM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

hmmm you missed a chance there Snadger....just as the third one was climbing up, you should have shot the bottom 1!
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
      hmmm you missed a chance there Snadger....just as the third one was climbing up, you should have shot the bottom 1!
      But then I would have broken the window in the door! (was tempted mind!)
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

You could have whacked them with a bit of 2 x 4

Comment

What you need is the loan of a couple of Jack Russells!
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            What you need is the loan of a couple of Jack Russells!
            He will get arrested! Hunting with dogs illegal
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

He needs "Geno"....he'd kill them, cook them and serve them up for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                He will get arrested! Hunting with dogs illegal
                Moi, M'lud? You know dogs - they will be dogs, M'lud! By the time I knew what they were doing, they had dispatched the whole pack of rats. Sadly the local council were unavailable to control the pests at the time, M'lud. I rest my case'.
                Last edited by Jeanied; 06-12-2009, 07:28 PM.
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Not rats they are classed as vermin even though they are mammels

Comment

Ask Bramble to lend you a ferret..
                    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Glue some emery paper to a perch so the chooks can sharpen up their beaks to welcome Roland and his horrid chums.
                      If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

ai snadge - Phoebe and Fern - my "working girls" are great at ratting. got home yesterday after a long drive to Norfolk only to find three new rat runs through the cochins and indian game. So when i get home tonight from work, i will be going a ferretting!
                        My Blog
                        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

If there is hiding space underneath, rats will like it there. If the underneath space is open to view (and easy to throw rocks through) that is something of a deterrent. Raised floor with walls down to the ground will NOT do much to put rats off.
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
                            He needs "Geno"....he'd kill them, cook them and serve them up for lunch
                            ...and get arrested.
                            I'm A Celebrity's Stuart and Gino face rat charges - Eleven - The Celebrity Channel
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

YouTube - I ate His liver with some fava beans...

Lovely but you'd need to watch your teeth on the shot!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X