Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Newbie to your forum

Hello
    Just stumbled across your forum from the Veg gardening.
    I have been keeping chooks for just over a year I started with 4 and now have nine girls 5 warrens 2 pepperpots and 2 partridge brahmas they become addictive you know all in an omlet cube in my now trashed town garden but I love them dearly so just turn ablind eye
    I cant believe my luck people to talk chickens with, who wont get that she's off her rocker glazed look.

Chickens and Gardening what more could a girl want

Welcome again CK.
    Plenty of chuck people on here too, though I am not one of them yet.
    Still debating with myself whether to take the plunge.
    Lots more advice for you here.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Hi cozeekitten,this is THE place to talk chooks,no one gets bored or does the glazed over look. We're all seriously addicted. Nice to meet a sort of neighbour,just down the road from you in soggy Stevenage.Did all your girls come from the Omlet site?
      Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Nice to meet you, as for being addicted to chooks, you are in good company here.

Having recently lost most of my flock to a fox I have started looking round for new girls. I think my remaining 4 will benefit from some new friends
        Knew it wouldn't take me long to look into getting more!
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Hiya CK. I joined here a bit back and couldn't believe how friendly everyone is . Or how much I've learned since then!! I started with 3 chooks 12 months ago and now have...lots (darent count any more), so no, you'll never need to explain/apologise for your addiction on here. Or wonder if that question is too silly to post..if they'll answer my nutty rambles they'll answer anyone
          Have fun
          Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Welcome Cozeekitten.

I've got three chooks and 2 coops. Guess what I'll be looking for in the New year

I'm not addicted. I can give up chooks anytime someone nails me up in a cupboard.
            If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

A huge welcome to chookaholics anonymous cozeekitten I'm not an addict at all chooks must have heard somewhere that I'm a soft touch and just move in. Ok, so there are 19 hatched-on-purpose-by-me (and Precious) chicks, 4 of which are now all grown up (1 laying and 1 bonking/crowing), and loads of ex-batts and Bluebelles but they all just either got into my car and came home with me or turned up on the doorstep. I didn't invite them to stay ............................. honest!!

ok, my name is Maureen and I'm a chookaholic
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Hi - nice to meet you. You have to put up with OUR addiction too. We won't glaze over if you promise you won't!

Welcome. It's nice here.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi there and welcome.

I started with 4 5 months ago and are due to get my 3 ex batts just before christmas, cant wait.

The forum has been a source of useful information and friendly banter, somewhere I have been able to ask stupid questions and still get a "proper" answer and I've had a lot of them to ask

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                      Hi cozeekitten,this is THE place to talk chooks,no one gets bored or does the glazed over look. We're all seriously addicted. Nice to meet a sort of neighbour,just down the road from you in soggy Stevenage.Did all your girls come from the Omlet site?
                      Hi Neighbour very soggy here too!
                      Not a one of my hens came from omlet they are all waifs and strays I have re homed ie,
                      lone hens due to fox attacks, being bullied in there flock etc, even an elderly freeloader. But they all have such character I love them all dearly. My YD has her own babies white silkie, pekin and a pekin/frizzle mix again all re homed being kept seperate as they are too little to intergrate until spring. They are seriously cute!

Comment

Thank You all for the very warm welcome
                        As I love Gardening,chooks,alcohol,coffee, chocolate, nattering I feel confident I will intergrate very nicely into your flock.

Lynn

Comment

hello, we are bramble poultry and we have a chicken addiction....................

its been 48hours since we took in another chicken (well 4 actually - one planned the others not so) and we are getting twitchy again.

Could i please ask maureen to come to our house on the night of 17th December and let down our tyres so that we cant go to the federation show at stafford please........ i know it will be expensive and its soo close to jens birthday........... we can resist everything but temptation

seriously cozzeekitten, we are a reasonably sane bunch and have lots of advice. whether you are an old hand or a newbie we all learn from each other here.

and trust me - no question is too long or too stupid to ask, everyone has to ask at least one silly question!
                          My Blog
                          http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Sorry BP, can't do that - I'll be at the show I've joined the Croad Langshan club and it's the AGM and dinner on the Saturday (Shelly's coming with me so you can't ask her either!!)
                            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Welcome CT
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X