new girls coming, bit worried...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new girls coming, bit worried...

as my 3 have got on really well, never once had a scuffle in 2 years.

I am introducing 4 new hens of same age but different sizes (2 rhode islands, one blackrock and a banty).
    My thought was to pick them up just before dusk when they go to roost and pop them in with the old girls as they will be all dopey, then see how things go in the morning when they get up. Maybe they will think they have always been there?
    Not too bright my girls lol

Sounds good. Dont forget if you feed them when you let them out split the food into loadsa piles so they can all get some witout too much arguing.
    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Is it today you're getting them?...do you need to powder/worm them with anything to prevent introduction of parasites?????
      It's something I've been wondering about when I get my Marans ( ..I've been so concerned about introducing something to my very healthy flock that I'm now thinking of buying fertile eggs for Betty to sit on when she's next broody- rather than potentially introducing something unwanted. ( how paranoid is that????)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have to get them at the weekend, their owners have brought the date forward as they have so much to do before emigrating.
        I believe they ave all been wormed regularly like mine are.

Comment

Are they coming with their existing coop? If so, you could let them stare at each other for a few days then put them together and hope they assimilate...

or wait for all hell break loose
          If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
            and hope they assimilate...

[/SIZE]
            Would they be Borg Chooks then "resistance is futile"
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

OMIGOD!!! I am picking them up tomorrow, earlier than expected! Hope they like me - what am I saying, hope they like my OLD girls lol

Comment

Good luck Janeyo, waiting eagerly for updates.
                Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X