1st Minorca egg!!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Looks like one of those wooden eggs Snadge - they 'glow' in the dark too! ( you had a close look at it???)
    Nope.........but I might in the morning when its lying next to my bacon!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks Snadger. I guess the "nearly white" ones I've had aren't from Alice, more likely one of the ex-batts who's run out of colouring
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Yeah I got one Was in the run, not a nest box, but oh so white!!! It's 54g and perfect. Thank you Alice (so glad she's not an Albert )

Comment

Congratulations!

My first egg was deposited in the run but the second and subsequent ones have all been laid in the nest box or the coop if Myrtle can't be shifted.
          If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            Do they have an outside run at this time of year BW? If so, goes to prove they ARE hardy, as if they will survive in your neck of the woods, they'll survive anywhere!
            Yup I think they're hardier than the SG Dorkings, their feathering is definitely tighter and they seem to stay free of sniffles when the others succumb.

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
            Please will one of you with laying Minorcas post a picture of her egg next to an "ordinary" egg? I've had 2 or 3 large "nearly white" eggs this last couple of weeks and I'm not sure if they're from Alice or not. She's 31 weeks old now with a floppy comb (not flopped right over yet though)
            Minorca eggs are a real chalky white, I think you're right and this isn't an Alice egg.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie Wife View Post
              Minorca eggs are a real chalky white, I think you're right and this isn't an Alice egg.
              I know I've got one in my egg tray now, right next to the Welsummers deep dark brown ones

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X