rats

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rats

any fellow chicken keepers been visited by rats. ive recently caught 2 in traps.
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

yep. we get them all the time as we are surrounded by a 600 head dairy farm. put some eradibait down and got out the ferrets (having said that, too cold on their paws now!) havent seen evidence of a rat now for ages
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrr...............
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Yup - poisoned the b*ggers
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Yep, all the same posters why am I not surprised
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I used to have them on the lottie when I had the chooks up there before they all got slaughtered. I put down some homemade rat killer and they still kept coming - found a few dead ones. The lottie is near a river though :-(

With the chooks in the garden now, I haven't seen anything. We have 2 dogs and cat though... and I have a selection of guns and traps :-)
            All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
            For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

We've had them in the garden long before we got chickens. They can't get into the run though, the weldmesh is too fine. I recently got some Eradibait. Don't know if it's worked but I've not seen one since. I think they come for the bits the small birds scatter from the feeders.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I had rats before chooks. The last few winters I left the shed ajar so they could get out and I didn't have to remove their mummified remains in the spring. Dunno why they went to the shed, unless it was for shelter, because there was never anything edible stored in it.

Now, no matter what the weather is, I let the Jack Russells loose in the main garden when the chooks are locked up at night and I think they must be discouraging them (and hopefully the foxes) from our garden.

The Cat has never considered outdoor rat control to be anything to do with her although she dealt with some mice who were daft enough to pop into the bathroom.
                If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Had a look for rat prints in the snow today around my chook pens...........there weren't any!

There were cat prints though Never again will I launch a turnip at a cat!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X