Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Alice got a chill?

Hi folks

My little Warren, Alice, is out of sorts today - has stayed in the hen house/pen rather than going free ranging with the others. First thought was - "might she be eggbound?" She did lay yesterday and the day before though and doesn't appear to be straining but ...... she was in & out of the house/nestbox.

Have just checked on her & she's still not herself. She is eating though (perhaps not as greedily as normal) and is drinking. Have noticed where's she's been in the nestbox that there are several wet patches of not normal poo - very runny/white - could she have a chill? Is there anything I can give her?

Any thoughts? Worried she might need antibiotics - Baytril or something.

Thanks in advance

Can you bring her in the warm, in a nice box of straw to keep an eye? I thought white poo indicated worms?

Comment

Had her in this morning but when she perked up a bit I put her back in her house with loads of shavings to cuddle down in. It isn't as cold as it has been but.....

I do hope it's worms & not anything else - they were last wormed on 10th October so are due for dosing in a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed she will perk up- gave her some poultry spice earlier but if she's no better in the morning, expect we've have a house guest for a while.

Thanks for your thoughts

All the best

Comment

Back to her old self

Hello again

BRILLIANT news - she's back to her perky old self this morning Tail's back up, she's leading the foraging expedition & avoiding the attentions of Joe the cockerel.

Have a second smaller house on stand-by in our conservatory with a heated pad - just in case anyone else gets the lirgy.

Comment

Very wet poos can indicate that the chicken isn't eating much. I had this with my Ruby a few weeks back - I brought her into the house and hand fed her some dried meal-worms and tinned sweetcorn (they can't resist these.) She ate a few, picked up a bit and went outsiode just before the bedtime corn and meal-worm treat. She tucked into a few of these too. The next day she seemed a bit better but I hand fed her at night again and put her back with the others - for second helpings! I think if they feel off colour and go off eating they go downhill and I was keen for her to fill up before the long winter nights. She's now in a partial moult and looks dead scruffy but is eating like food's going off the menu!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X