How Much Do You Eggs Weigh

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Do You Eggs Weigh

As a new bird owner, i have had my 4 girls for 2 weeks now, 2 Blak Rocks and 2 Sussex Buffs, we hae weighed any eggs we get ever day, is that sad? The fst week or s we were getting eggs between 42g & 48g over thekast few days they have been getting noticably larger in fact today we gt a 56g beauty does anyne else weigh their eggs?

lol loads of us do...but few admit it lol one of my girls used to continually lay 90g+ eggs with some topping the 100g mark all single yolkers
    Last edited by RedThorn; 31-12-2009, 06:15 PM.
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I do when they begin laying. Mine are mostly Warrens and usually begin at around 35g and after about a month they've gone up to 60g+. You'll find after a while you can gauge the weight by just looking!

Comment

Oh yes indeed!
        We have tiny French chooks ( Cayenne).
        Their eggs start at about 28g...and over a year later get up to 45g, although we've had the odd 50g!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Nope - but that's because I haven't got any scales LOL!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I record date laid and weight in my notebook.

Sad? Moi?
            If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

I now only weigh the whoppers - or if I need small ones for baking. The small ones are about 65 g and the normal ones about 75 g and the whoppers can be 115g OUCH! lol
              Last edited by janeyo; 31-12-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

That really is an "ouch" Janey Think the biggest I've had was 108g and it was HUGE!!!!! mostly though they're between 70 - 90g, except the Welsummer ones, they're about 60g cos she's just practising
                I always weigh the great big ones and the titchy ones just out of curiosity, but when I'm baking I always weigh the eggs to calculate how much butter/sugar/flour to use
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X