rhode island egg colour?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhode island egg colour?

Am trying to wor out if the Rhode Island (Edwina)is laying. One of the hens is laying a 70gish dark brown egg about once a weekish. Could that be hers? Don't recognise it as one of my old girls' eggs )sad I know recognising the eggs lol)
    She has not bene with her cockeral for a month or so since we got her and she had a few probs settling in but seems to be quite high up the pecking order, presumably as she is so big lol, bu would love to know if she's laying.

I am told she was laying before in her old home, but the owners were, quite frankly, useless so not believing a word they said lol

chocolate brown or just light brown?
    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

According to Hendersons chicken breed chart..a rich medium brown.
      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

They are medium brown. Way darker than anythign my bettery looking' hens lay or the black rock whose are v pale. The white one lays white eggs so that's easy!
        I would say they are like plant pot brown.

Comment

We used to keep Rhodies but the last old one met her maker a couple of years ago. They laid pale "tinted" eggs, certainly not dark or even mid brown.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X