quail

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quail

i used to keep quail 2 years ago , they were bobwhites , californian , and chinese. now i would like to keep bobwhites and californians again and i am wanting some eggs to incubate , i know its still early days but some people breed them inside with heat and wanting to know if any one on the vine keeps and breeds them and if they have any eggs on offer.

ollie

Originally posted by ollie View Post
    i used to keep quail 2 years ago , they were bobwhites , californian , and chinese. now i would like to keep bobwhites and californians again and i am wanting some eggs to incubate , i know its still early days but some people breed them inside with heat and wanting to know if any one on the vine keeps and breeds them and if they have any eggs on offer.

ollie
    Hi Ollie
    May be too far for you to go, but someone on freecycle in Bodmin had 14 quail to rehome. PM me if you want her details

Comment

Originally posted by tlck9 View Post
      Hi Ollie
      May be too far for you to go, but someone on freecycle in Bodmin had 14 quail to rehome. PM me if you want her details
      thanks tick 9 but id rather hatch out chicks , then i know what ive got , also keeps me busy

Comment

Ollie

Jump onto this site and join the forum and post a wanted. there is usually someone on there selling eggs. There is also a few trios and quartets of italian if you wanted some parent stock for yourself too.

Bid4poultry.co.uk - Poultry suppplies, garden poultry, houses, feed, drinkers, incubators, and hatching eggs etc.
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

That looks like a site I might use for advertising my surplus chicks Thanks very much BP
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

as long as you are selling maureen and nothing catches your eye .... unlike me who has just brough more birds from there!!!
            My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
              as long as you are selling maureen and nothing catches your eye .... unlike me who has just brough more birds from there!!!
              thanks for that link bramble

Comment

thats ok. the last time i went on that site i ended up spending £150 plus courier! so i am steering clear of it at the moment!
                My Blog

Comment

I keep all of them and can send you some eggs in the post if you cover the p&p, but I do keep all mine out side so there will be a wait for eggs they start laying anytime in Feb so not long now...I have only just got the bobwhites and only have six so you may have to wait longer for eggs as I need to build up stock.

The other two you can have 12 of each (eggs) if you like as soon as they start to lay.

If you get eggs from others on here, then when you hatch I will welcome some eggs to make a new blood line...I will pay the p&p on them in return.

Let me know what you want to do and we can work something out.

Dave.

Comment

You could try Moonridge Farm website, I got quail from there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X