silly onion question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly onion question

Ok, I know you can give chooks garlic, but what about onion? Or leeks?
    I get big bags af veg trimmings for the horses and chooks. There's carrot, parsnip swede cabbage celery.
    I chop and cook the veg for the chooks which they love. But sometimes there's quite a bit of leek in there. The horses wont touch it, but is it ok to add it to the 'soup' for the chooks.
    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Yes, or raw. The only thing against any of the allium family is that if you give a lot it will flavour the eggs.
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

I often cook the leek trimmings for mine. They also decimated my onion patch when free ranging and didn't have any ill effects.

Comment

Yeah they are fine on leeks and onions, I always boil mine up first but I don't really see a problem with them being raw. They will eat a wide variety of things but make sure they get enough layers pellets.
        Everything in moderation though eh ?
        The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

Everything in moderation though eh ?
          Err dunno, lots of onion, lots of bread, ready stuffed chicken
          Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

For some reason mine luuurve leek trimmings but aren't so keen on onions?
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X