No announcement yet.

Cockerel advice please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's gorgeous Di and don't worry about the state of the run, I think we're all in the same boat!
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I have had some fantastic cockerels, my Buff Orpington had the sweetest nature, we also had two Marans,one had hens in a run and his brother from the same clutch, was free and as we had hatched him, had always been around my daughter who was just a toddler, he ended up sleeping on her ponies neck and was always well behaved apart from when he thought our cat was a chicken when he saw him asleep in the potato helms ( say no more).
      The brother was completely the other end of the scale had mad red eyes and would think nothing of attacking you as you tried to feed him, he had to go in the end, as he looked exactly the same as the lovely one, so if ever he had got free from his run I was always worried that our daughter would meet with the wrong one!
      One of the naughtiest I ever had was a cuckoo pekin, he would run after you and would peck or fly at you, some bright spark said if I handled him like the show people do he would eventually settle down!! I carried him around with
      me and thought I was getting some where until he caught me off guard, saw my slightly pink lips and grabbed hold with his beak and wouldn't let go!!
      All my other pekins were the sweetest creatures, he was obviously one of a kind!

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
        sooooooo.... how many you looking at getting then? 5??? 6???
        Don't forget that G4's idea of "just a few" is 25

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
        ... I think has grown into a rather gorgeous looking chap!
        Wow, he's stunning. Poses well too!
        Last edited by Eco-Chic; 19-01-2010, 06:52 PM.
        If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Don't forget that G4's idea of "just a few" is 25
          Dont DO that to me Eco..nearly choked to death laughing through a cup of tea.

And I'll add my vote to the 'Boo is gorgeous' club
          ...Goes off wondering what excuse she can find to visit Ipswich...with a carry box
          Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Ok so that's three so far....how many more do you think we can easily convince her to get? *chuckles evilly*
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Aims a slap at RT!

I've got to get organised ready for one yet not sure I want to go too mad
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Might need to get more girls at this rate
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

, , and

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    Aims a slap at RT!

I've got to get organised ready for one yet not sure I want to go too mad
                    No pressure Love!I'd be thrilled to find him a loving home but will understand totally if you manage to say no to the poor chap and be responsible for his pot destiny!

Have you decided yet?(not Boo,just cockerel in general?)
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                      No pressure Love!I'd be thrilled to find him a loving home but will understand totally if you manage to say no to the poor chap and be responsible for his pot destiny!

Have you decided yet?(not Boo,just cockerel in general?)
                      Firstly, that's blackmail!

Secondly, I already posted that the answer was yes to Steve's one, but it looks like it may have slipped under the radar!

The Poll, so far stands at 17 Yes and 7 No. As Steve has said he'll have him back if it doesn't work out, then I thought I'd give it a try!

(I have checked, and the 'Yes' post is still there! )
                      Last edited by Glutton4...; 20-01-2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Now I get why Steve isn't allowed to vote - doh....
                        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

In that case it's 18 to six as I change my vote
                          Hayley B

Comment

My daft Mother (who was against the idea, originally) confessed this weekend, to having a soft spot for Cockerels.

Tee hee hee

A couple of weeks then RT...
                            Last edited by Glutton4...; 26-01-2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

lol ok G4 back and forth to Germany for 3 and a half weeks in the next 6 weeks, but should be home on the weekends
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

OK, no probs! Enjoy Germany - it's lovely. Whereabouts are they sending you?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X