fairly fed up

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a lovely ending for Mr Darcy!
    Orpingtons are I believe big chunky placid birds. I'm sure someone will be along who's kept them. I know Eco-chic has Orington bantams and adores them. Don't forget piccies of the new girl(s)!

Comment

I do so love a happy ending.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's made me feel all warm inside Mr Darcy will have a wonderful (and busy) life
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Lovely ending! Kinda like I'm hoping for... however, he'll end up in the pot if I must.
          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

He's gone!! He's gone!! I'm so relieved replaced by little brown hen of about 12weeks old, now named Violette!! pics tomorrow!!

ps, can I still be called Mr Darcy??!!
            Last edited by mr darcy; 18-01-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Of course you aren't wet. You just care about the brute Anyway, it sounds like you have reached a perfect resolution. I expect you'll be able to admire him (from a safe distance) if you want to.

Orpingtons are lovely big placid girls with very very frilly undercarriages. It's their lovely soft feathers which make them seem so big. They should be perfect for a mum and kids who have been terrorised by a sex mad rooster.

My little blue banties are extremely tame and were feeding out of my hand and greeting me at the gate in a couple of days. They're cheeky perishers, not above trying to knock their goodies out of my hands if I'm a little slow at offering them. Myrtle and Maude love a cuddle, Madge would prefer I boogered off after the treats have gone and resists being picked up. I shall win her over one of these days

ps Buffs are the Rolls Royce of Orpingtons so your friend is very generous.

I think you made the right decision and am very pleased it's all worked out so well for you♥
              If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

great result for mr darcy and you too.
                don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

HiHi for the terrorised by sex crazed rooster ecochic, it did feel like that and yesterday, his last day he was even more foul (or even fowl!!) than usual, very sunny day, his oats were up! i hope that redthorn and others needing to find a home for boyz are successful because it made me very sad to think of him chopped, a kind of waste, despite everything, guess we just weren't the right humans for him!
                  for the buffs, after further conversation,I have to wait as they would be ones coming from her hens, I don't think she would give me one of hers as I think as you say they are mighty pricey,i've looked at pics, they are gorgeous, would love a couple, but the reality of my budget says probably not, don't care long as I can cuddle them and they lay an egg occasionally! Thankyou everyone for your wise and funny words, this has been a bit of a drama and you've all really helped you luvly lot!!
                  Last edited by mr darcy; 19-01-2010, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Gosh- I've only just read this!

Oh dear- how awful!...but how excellent he's being rehomed and to wander free. Sounds like the local renards will have to watch out for him!!!!

I would have suggested having a chat with one of the guys at the local market- you know- the ones who sit around with cages of birds- they might have been able to have done a swapsy with you.
                    Pure breeds seem to go for about 40E or more here. Do you really need pure breeds?- ie is it pretty eggs/chooks you're after or just some eggs?

I was thinking of spending serious money to breed Marans but having seen 5 foxes in the field behind the electric fence, I decided the risk of wasting all that money was daft. Might have been OK in a different location though.I'll have a bash at Marans eggs in the Spring- but we're OK now at eating our boys if they all turn out male ( bit of a waste though!)
                    Glad it's all sorted for you!

Just a thought- do you have any of his fertile eggs you might want to incubate?.....child of Darcy might not be quite so evil!!!!
                    Last edited by Nicos; 19-01-2010, 07:29 AM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Gosh- I've only just read this!

Oh dear- how awful!...but how excellent he's being rehomed and to wander free. Sounds like the local renards will have to watch out for him!!!!

I would have suggested having a chat with one of the guys at the local market- you know- the ones who sit around with cages of birds- they might have been able to have done a swapsy with you.
                      Pure breeds seem to go for about 40E or more here. Do you really need pure breeds?- ie is it pretty eggs/chooks you're after or just some eggs?

I was thinking of spending serious money to breed Marans but having seen 5 foxes in the field behind the electric fence, I decided the risk of wasting all that money was daft. Might have been OK in a different location though.I'll have a bash at Marans eggs in the Spring- but we're OK now at eating our boys if they all turn out male ( bit of a waste though!)
                      Glad it's all sorted for you!

Just a thought- do you have any of his fertile eggs you might want to incubate?.....child of Darcy might not be quite so evil!!!!
                      child of darcy!!!!! sadly not, as this mornings egg was a softie, but i could ask for a chick from his new owners, a FEMALE!!!

Violette flew straight out of the pen whilst I did the school run,have now looked up how to clip wing, am waiting for someone to be home to hold her whilst I do it, she's in the cat box, I caught her trying to get in with next doors chooks (they have three cocks all of whom are gentle)

Comment

little Violette having a cuddle!!!!
                        Last edited by mr darcy; 19-01-2010, 11:09 AM. Reason: no piccy appeared!!

Comment

here's the newbie, have clipped a wing but as she's little and sporty have put her inside a covered pen inside main pen, so thet she can get homed in as it were, will of course put her to bed with scarlet tonight, a couple of days should do it, long enough for her to forget she used to live with 40 other girls..omg wonder what they made of their new man Mr Strutty Darcy this morning?
                          Last edited by mr darcy; 19-01-2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Aww...she looks like she's having a snooze!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Violette is cute. She does look drowsy

If Strutting Darcy has been doing the biz with Miss Scarlet, her eggs should be fertile for the next 10-12 days I believe, if you do want to incubate or brood them.
                              If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
                                Violette is cute. She does look drowsy

If Strutting Darcy has been doing the biz with Miss Scarlet, her eggs should be fertile for the next 10-12 days I believe, if you do want to incubate or brood them.
                                hihi, i'd been stroking her head, she dropped right off actually! oh said it was my armpit that did it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X