Bitter Sweet

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitter Sweet

Collected 5 new girls from Potters Bar rescue on Saturday. Aunty Mo it was Mollie and Ian all the way from Coventry. Got them home a bit late and they will be in Henby General until they get stronger. But.....

CB checked on the other laydees that His Lordship had put away and found Bibs, dead, with half her head missing Have no idea what happened, she's been fine since getting over her stroke and nearly completely feathered up for the first time. I think she was eaten by other girls though, CB was a hysterical wreck...
    Attached Files
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

have read about it before, Thoughts with you and CB
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Oh dear poor CB and poor little Bibs. Big hug for CB and welcome to your new girls

Comment

Oh how awful! Big ((((Hugs)))) for CB, it must've been horrible for her. I had one die and was pecked by the others. Heartless little wotsits aren't they?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Hayley. Hugs your way. Congrats on the new girls x

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dead chook Hayley.

Just so that you don't get the false idea that all chooks are heartless, one of mine died a while ago and I found her the next day with her best mate cuddling into her to try and warm her up.

No rats, mink,stoats or cats around are there?
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

What a roller coaster of emotion for you Haley. Sorry to hear about Bibs. Do let us know how your new girls get on.
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

That's really sad Hayley, give CB a big hug for me.

Ian and Mollie deserve a medal!! All the way from Coventry to sort out a rescue, well done them and well done you for rescuing some more girls
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Thanks Guys, over the shock now, Mollie and Ian collected 1800 from Warwick dropped a load at their place came down to PB with the rest then went back before going to Wales on Sunday to drop another load, they deserve more than a medal.

We opted for poor girls cause we could keep them separate and build up their strength, they are all practically oven ready, especially the poor girl in the middle, letting them have a run in the yard at the moment. Think it'll be a couple of weeks before they can go with the others..
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

Sorry to hear about Bibs but those photos really caught my eye. Those poor birds, you know Hayley I have room for 4 or 5 ex batts and can house them separately until they recover from their ordeal. let me know if there are more needing rescuing.

Comment

Best way is through the Battery Hen Welfare their site is at Battery Hen Welfare Trust they have rehoming at various times and locations.
                      Hayley B

Comment

Sorry to hear about Bibs but well done for taking the moth-eaten girls.
                        Last edited by frias; 20-01-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X