• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOOoooooo....................
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Cant wait to see the picis..thinking of these myself so will be following the news with great interest.
      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Here's hoping that they all turn out well. if you need them sexed, send Jennie pictures and she will help sex them for you! she is getting very good at this.

Shame we havent got any incubator space, we have all three incubators full at the moment, some 90 odd eggs currently. Anything from Copper Blue Maran, Appenzeller, Black Orpingtons, right down to Texas White Quail........

Might have to make a new incubator table........
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

WAKE UP!!!!!

..come on- go and check...

Comment

Getting all eggsited now!!!!
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

welllll.....??????......

Comment

ha ha I wont be up there until tonight. Working away so first clear pictures may not be till saturday. She is in with two cockerals and another hen they are all pure white silkies. They havent bothered her at all but I am going to moniter the situation

Comment

Darn (* kicks dust)

OK- we'll have to wait till then

(fingers crossed they all hatch !!)

Comment

As well as the belgium ones I put an egg from the warrens I hatched from Ebay about a year ago. I would be most pleased if that one hatches as it would be a 2nd generation chicken for me.

Comment

cool. we had a second generation here, she went broody but never managed to hatch anything of her own...

we have loads of first generation pekins and barbu which we have good hopes for this year. trick is to remember who is who so we can work out who to pair up with each other. This is why we are trying out the PCGB ringing schemes this year, as each ring will have a different "reg no" we can track back the lineage. After all, our highly sophisticated database - our daughter - does get it wrong occasionally
                      My Blog
                      http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

sorry folks got back early so went up one little chick dead. but the hen is still broody. I am going to move her on her own in case the others had anything to do with it but should I put some more under her will she go for another 21 days

Comment

Are you saying she has not raised any apart from the one dead? Not quite sure what you mean. If she is still sitting on other eggs I would leave her where she is. Does it look like the dead chick has been pecked, or attacked in any way, or could it have just died for another reason?

If she fails to get off any more chicks I would not sit her again. She will lose too much condition and may not stay the course anyway. Has she sat before? Is she a tried and trusted broody? Give her a few days to get over not being a mum and then return her to the main flock.

Comment

looks like only one chick hatched no movement from the other eggs. no signs of pecking either. she is a first time broody today is day 22 .

Comment

Good luck Walld...
                              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Oh sorry to hear. Were these the Barbu D'Uccles?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X