He's made me an Incubator!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's made me an Incubator!!!

My wonderful OH has made me an incubator. Its a ploystrene box, with a bulb surrounded by mesh and a raised mesh floor. Got a thermometer and a tray in the bottom to hold water for humidity.

He says he has been googling how to make one for a few days and surprised me with it this morning

Now I need some eggs.........

It will be in living room for incubation period as the ambient temp in there stays fairly constant and after hatching he has plans for the babies to be under heat in the garage till they are big enough to go down plot with the bigger girls. When Boo had pups he got a mahoosive thick cardboard box from work and he will get similar for the chicks. I've warned him that the garage will smell despite regular cleaning out, but he's quite keen on hatching - and so am I!!!!
    Kirsty b xx

Sound great.

Wish I had the room to rear some myself. Still, half a dozen is enough to keep us in eggs
    Urban Escape Blog

Comment

A masterclass in how to be a good husband - good work Mr b.

He's new, he'll learn.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

How brilliant is that!? Lucky you!

What you gonna get then?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

What a lovely, thoughtful guy!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

What a great bloke! (Though I guess it's possible that only here on the Vine would such a thing be considered the height of romance ).

So, what type of eggs are you thinking of?
            I was feeling part of the scenery
            I walked right out of the machinery
            My heart going boom boom boom
            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
            I've come to take you home."

Comment

Im sure I have asked you before if you rent him out? What a lovely thing to do.
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Just for fun - not to detract in anyway. My OH made me an incubator 4 times.

Comment

Oooh how lucky are you. I know I'll end up making one. Keep us updated on your progress!

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                    Im sure I have asked you before if you rent him out? What a lovely thing to do.
                    I asked him and he says it depends what you want him for
                    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Ive been busy too ,made myself an incubator and guess what ?

[ATTACH]12812[/ATTACH

ive become a dad]
                      Attached Files
                      Take photographs today because tommorow you might not have

Together everyone achieves more

Comment

awwhhh

Tricky
                        Congrats!! Im sure you will be a good Dad. Your little charge is beautiful and I bet I'm not the only one to go awwhhh.
                        Hope it encourages more OH's to make an incubator. Mine wouldnt know where to start. lol
                        Keep up the good work.

Comment

You kept that quiet didn't you Tricky? Awwwwwwwwww, beautiful Any more? What kind? come on, spill the beans!!
                          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Lucky Kirsty b having such a gorgeous hubby and Tricky where did that come from?
                            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

making things wanted by wife,as a married man,how is it that when i make something ,and it works, its something WE made,and when it doesnt work or stops working, its something HE made,its a hard life when you are asked to make something and know nothing about subject of suggestion,but if we dont try ,it only gets worse ...such is life..next time i think i will come back as a rooster,got to be easier???? or not??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X