broiler advice pls ??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broiler advice pls ??

hey there, i got broilers last sept as day old chicks, destined for the table/freezer, dispatched 2, one died and had two left, went out dis morning to feed them to find an egg laid in the coop, my question is what would u do ?, keep them for eggs, or just send them along the same road as the rest, am going to get chickens for eggs in the next month anyway, but it seems like a shame to get rid of these two now after their big effort of producing an egg, or eggs maybe in the future, or am i just being soft bout it , advice welcome, ps i know they are bred for the table, buutt ??????

Depends on the breed - broiler is a term used for many crosses some of which would lay eggs but not sufficient number to keep them for such purposes. Others will get too heavy and end up going off their legs and suffering and some will be just fine.

Perhaps it may be worth using them for the purpose they were purchased and getting egg laying birds unless you have a particular hankering to hang onto one of these as they have grown on you
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X