Egg shapes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg shapes

When my girls started to lay, the eggs were small and quite round. Kaye is still broody, so I think* its Clarissa who is laying the one egg a day. Today I collected a very long egg. Just measured one from the other day - 5cm long. The one this morning is easily 6cm.

Do eggs vary in size thoughout the life of a chook? What is the smallest and longest egg anyone has had?

*I say think because I dont think its either Bluebelle or Marigold as I don't think theyve started laying yet, or if they have its a large first egg.
    Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 06-02-2010, 10:38 AM.
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

oh mine come in all shapes and sizes...and variations of their normal colour. I never measure them length wise, but I will as one of my Marans lay big long eggs.
    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

My smallest was 28mm long- not a first egg but several weeks into laying ( they're banties).
      I blew it because it was so tiny - and yes there was some yolk in it but it was very thick, no like normal yolk.
      My gals' eggs seem to be the same shape all the time- just slowly got bigger over the months. I do have one- Alice who is my palest chook which lays the palest eggs , but they are much more pointy than any of the other gal's eggs.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Long eggs here have turned out to be double yolkers!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X