my new run!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new run!

here is my new run, currently housing 5 chucks, its 32ft long and 12 foot wide.

Any thoughts on flooring such a big area and also on the number of chucks that something this size would be suitable for? maths was never my strong point.

When i'm there they get free range until the crops come!

Where's the mini bar?

It's great, they are lucky girls. What about a mixture of flooring? An area of loose slabs under the food and water drinkers and an area of bare soil and straw? Every now and then it can be swapped around to allow the soil to breathe and clear any build up of parasites.
    If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

I know my brother has been really pleased with the rubber chippings he has bought for his eglu cube. I'm afraid I don't know where he got them, or how much they cost, but they have an advantage over conventional coverings in that they won't rot down, and you can hose them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
        Where's the mini bar?

It's great, they are lucky girls. What about a mixture of flooring? An area of loose slabs under the food and water drinkers and an area of bare soil and straw? Every now and then it can be swapped around to allow the soil to breathe and clear any build up of parasites.
        I think I am on the right track then, but its just nice to get some feedback but this forum has been great for advice.

Mini-bar - thats tucked just inside the shed, but is for me and not the chucks on! joking of course, as its a long stagger back home

Comment

Lucky hens!!! I would suggest dividing the run into at least two parts so that you can let one side rest and recover from the destruction chooks cause
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

That looks smashing! If I had a run as big as that, it would completely cover the whole of the back garden! I can't really add anything to the above ideas, I think the idea for a mixed type of flooring, plus the one where you can use half and half are good.
            Any pictures of your girls inside?
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

hi tick9,your run is massive,its making me feel very jealous,as for the flooring,i was thinking that if you put a row of slabs down the middle that you could always get to where you wanted,or have two entrances from the coop one into the nearest halveand one leading through to furthest half,letting you rest one of the areas while using the other,i envy you that,anyway good luck with it...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X