potato poultry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potato poultry

what is it about cooked potato peelings that the birds go mad for it,if i put some in a bowl,i can pick each bird up and put it down in a different place and no squawking or fuss,they just concentrate on what they have in their mouth,only when thats gone do they start to flap looking for the next piece,and no clucking or moaning until there is none left...then the moaning starts...like little petulent kids looking for more.

I haven't given them just potato peelings, just a mixture of peelings in their morning mash. I'll give it a try. One thing my girls DO go mad for is cooked pasta - I put some down and then move, quickly! They go mad for it - if I fed it by hand, I'm sure I'd lose a finger!
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

mine dont get it on its own so i mix the peelings with whatever else is going at the time..fruit/greens/eggshell,some days they get a better diet than i do..they have a hard life.

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
        mine dont get it on its own so i mix the peelings with whatever else is going at the time..fruit/greens/eggshell,some days they get a better diet than i do..they have a hard life.
        Know what you mean - but it's good ain't it?
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Mine will eat anything - cooked spaghetti gets thrown in for the entertainment value sometimes
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

I get big bags of veg trimmings from the veg stall on the market. Some goes to the nags and rabbit, but some gets chopped up and given to the chooks, raw and cooked. I add tattie peel to the cookpot too. They love all of it. And I get to laugh myself stupid at the sight of a chicken legging it like a rugby forward through the scrum, with the biggest chunk of carrot etc it can grab obscuring its vision, while the others ignore whats on the floor and try to tackle them for it. Think some of them on the England squad would soon see us tops!
            Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X