26 from 27!!!!!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 from 27!!!!!!!!!

I have 27 chooks and 26 eggs were layed today (Gunna have to have a word in the ear of the slacker!)

Not bad when at least 15 of the laydees are 3 to 4 years old chooks!
    Last edited by Snadger; 15-02-2010, 05:21 PM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Way to go Snadgers laydees Could you send them round to have a word with my lot - 4 eggs today from 12 hens
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

well done snadger,whatever you are feeding them on,it works, as the weather warms up will they be laying like that regulary? i hope you have enough customers,but,being fresh eggs,they will always sell

Comment

Well done!!!! I would have had 11 today but one of the girls got a bit over-enthusiastic seeing the corn pot in my hand and knocked one of the eggs out of the basket trying to get first dibs at the treats 10 - 12 a day here is plenty for my needs at the moment but there's certainly some "slackers" (should I get the whip out? )
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          I have 27 chooks and 26 eggs were layed today...
          Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
          Way to go Snadgers laydees Could you send them round to have a word with my lot - 4 eggs today from 12 hens
          Stop it STOP IT! I'm getting 4-5 a day from 40!!!!! T'is blimmin cold here, and they are moulting/settling in/ex-batts, but I still think they're taking the pee
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Stop it STOP IT! I'm getting 4-5 a day from 40!!!!! T'is blimmin cold here, and they are moulting/settling in/ex-batts, but I still think they're taking the pee
            Don't panic G4, I only got one egg yesterday!
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

That is impressive Snadge. Well done. My oldies (like yours, 3 and 4 year olds) are actually outperforming my youngsters at the moment.

Comment

Only my maran bantam is laying and that is every other day. The other 4 are not interested, including my 4 year old pekin who has laid faithfully apart from during winter all her life. I usually have a lot of eggs in February before they go broody.

I found the youngest - 6 month old Japanese bantam sitting on one of the maran's eggs. She got up as if she was embarassed when I spotted her.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                  I have 27 chooks and 26 eggs were layed today (Gunna have to have a word in the ear of the slacker!)

Not bad when at least 15 of the laydees are 3 to 4 years old chooks!
                  I hate you
                  Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

.....very very impressed!!!!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Not fair
                      All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                      For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Of course it's fair - he's looking after them - not over-spoiling them, and the days are getting notably longer. Well done that man and those hens!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Just had 8 eggs from 6 hens yesterday. Not expecting much effort today though
                          Urban Escape Blog

Comment

I do not have have 'ladies that do' but buy from the local market. I pay £4.00 for a tray of random sized. Is that the going price?

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                              I do not have have 'ladies that do' but buy from the local market. I pay £4.00 for a tray of random sized. Is that the going price?
                              Sounds a good price if they're free range. Our butcher sells trays of small eggs for £2 a tray (or they were last I looked), but they're from caged hens.
                              Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X