stupid ME

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid ME

Cant believe how stupid i have been forgot to lock the girls door last night and you've guessed it the blady fox came round and got both of them i'm so cross with my self was supposed to go get some rescue birds on sunday but i dont think i'm responsible enough soooo Mad

Oh you poor thing! You must be devastated. We've all done things we regret. It doesn't mean we're not responsible. We just need to learn from it and carry on. Go get your new birds and spoil them rotten.
    A good beginning is half the work.
    Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

We've all done it- you were just unlucky to have a fox around at the same time.

Go and get the new gals Sunday-they need you otherwise they'll end up as cat food.
      You are responsible - and you'll be super careful from now on too!

Don't beat yourself up too much- are they both dead, or taken? If the latter it might be worth having a scout around to see if one had managed to escape.

big hugs xx
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

bad luck, but dont give up on keeping chooks, as Nicos says youre saving them from a horrible fate
        The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Thanks for the kind words both gone had a look round and no sight of them just wish i had a gun cos he'll be back again tonight

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss. One solution may be to have a heavy return spring and sneck on the door so that even if you forgrt to shut and lock it Mr fox will still be kept out!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

so sorry for you, don't beat yourself up, mistakes happen. my lovely girl was eaten by my own dog as she was freeranging, I hated the dog and myself for a while! get the other ex bats,they need a caring person like you

Comment

Don't beat yourself up. Cr@p happens, and new girls need you to save them from becoming mechanically recovered meat.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Bad luck there. We've foxes here too, so I've got leccy fence round the enclosure, and an automatic door - expensive, but worth it.

You must get some more - they deserve it!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

So sorry to hear your news. Don't give up keeping chooks. You'll never make the same mistake again.
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                      You'll never make the same mistake again.
                      Like a bet???

(Electric fence ...more of a cost, but less of a worry!!)
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        We've all done it- you were just unlucky to have a fox around at the same time.
                        Hear, hear, poor you, how horrid. Just recently a friend of mine has offered to put my girls away (they live at my veg plot, which is a field adjacent to the afore mentioned friends house, which she kindly lets me use) - and both times she's offered she has admitted the next day that she forgot to lock them up!!! I was lucky that they were okay, but see below..

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Like a bet???

(Electric fence ...more of a cost, but less of a worry!!)
                        Yup, I have an electric fence around my gals, and although I also lock them inside their eglu run every night, I'm pretty sure it saved them on the occasions above. There are a lot of foxes about.

Don't let it stop you getting more girls, you (and they) deserve a second chance. (((hugs)))
                        Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Oh no! You poor thing.

I remember an old saying that goes something like 'Mr Fox only has to be lucky once, you have to be lucky everytime'. He's obviously been prowling and awaiting his chance.

Get your rescues, but make sure you have all your defences in place first.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I can put my hands up and admit they I have too forgotten to lock away my girls, I have been lucky when I did do that. Don't beat yourself up there are probably others who have done the same. Get those ex-batts please

Comment

I've forgotten too..and been lucky
                              I've also had Mr Fox take three birds in broad daylight, mid-afternoon
                              But I still have chooks, wouldnt be without.

Give some more girls the chance of a new life, I'm sure if asked they would rather take a chance with the fox than a dip in the tank and electrocution
                              Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X