Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survived fox attack, but not unscathed...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeding a fox only encourages it to visit you more regularly and perhaps forget how to hunt for its natural food. imagine if you forgot just once - it would come looking for alternative food. I collect our labs poo and put it around the perimeter of the fence - next to the field at the back, so far its acted as a good deterrant- apparently foxes hate the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post

I'll let you know if chooks snore and fart during the night
      well????
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Really good news they weren't harmed too much!
        All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
        For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

sorry to hear of your problems,i hope the girls are a bit better now,having been in the shower stall,if you put them in there again will they then say "oh no ,it must be a bath,must be a bath",upwardly mobile birds.......

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
            sorry to hear of your problems,i hope the girls are a bit better now,having been in the shower stall,if you put them in there again will they then say "oh no ,it must be a bath,must be a bath",upwardly mobile birds.......
            don't forget the bubblebath

Comment

Sorry EC only just caught up with your thread. Gosh! Glad your girls are OK. Lots of treats and TLC sounds good to me. When I first got my girls I could hear them snoring, and Kaye farts at me when I give her a gentle push out of the coop in a morning as she is still broody and would spend all day in there if she could.
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hope all your girls are ok, so horrible when they get hurt like this. Have to say the thought of chicken farting bought tears of laughter to my eyes,never heard mine do it. They don't do they. Think my OH will pay more attention to my girls if he thought he'd hear one farting- it always destroys him farting sounds, strange sense of humour- he never grew up!!
                Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

They're doing ok I think. They're still in my bedroom but that's because I've been too unwell to relocate them. They all look bright eyed today and livelier.

The dogs have had free run of the garden so it should be knee deep in poo 'cos I haven't pooper scooped either. I think there has been some sort of activity going on out there because the dogs have been going nuts (sorry neighbours, I shall restrict them tonight if they start barking).

And for those who want to know about nocturnal farting and snoring ~ my girls are ladies, they don't do those things. They are fidgety and murmur quite a lot though and will make for the water and grit if there is a glimmer of light. I think I might fit a small drinker and grit container inside the coop tomorrow when I let them back into the garden.

Thanks again for kind comments.
                  If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

get well soon eco chic!!!

Comment

Thank you Mr. Darcy♥

Chooks are now out of my bedroom and back in the big outside. The fun started when I decanted Maude from the dog crate into the carry crate I used to take them to the vet and repeated the procedure with Madge. Madge spotted Gypsy cat, jumped out of the crate and flew at her. While I went to comfort Gypsy, Maude hopped out of the crate and went walkabout with Madge in the bathroom. It looked so funny

I spent 5 minutes retrieving a chook, crating her, only to have her hop out as I picked up the other one. (Just goes to show how shocked they were Thursday morning as I had no problem getting them into the crate and keeping them there when I drove them to the vet). So, I popped Maude back into the dog crate and carried Madge down into the garden. Two more journeys and Maude and Myrtle are plopped into the garden and Madge has gone into the run to scoff some pellets.

They happily ranged around the garden and one by one came into the run to peck at a few pellets and sip some water. As dusk descended I was met at the gate by Maude to check I had the corn supper. Maude and Madge assumed the position (roosting on their perch) eagerly awaiting their corn. Myrtle seems to have reverted to brooding and I had to turf her out of a depression she was brooding in under the house and push her up the ramp where she resumed brooding in the corner of the coop I picked her up and plonked her on the perch and then gave them all their corn supper. Madge was either being spiteful to the girls either side of her or cleaning her beak on them. They didn't like it, whatever she was doing. I hope they don't fight amongst themselves. If they can fend off M.Reynaud I hate to think what they'll do to each other.

They don't seem to have any unpleasant associations with the coop, run and garden after their unpleasant experience, for which I'm most grateful.
                      If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X