comb bleeding

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comb bleeding

I was met at the back door by my white sussex who I thought wanted a cuddle as she'd seen me give one to another of my girls 5 minutes earlier.

Once holding her I realised her comb is bleeding. I think she caught it on the top of the run when coming out of the coup as another hen became spooked which made them all panic.

When i tried to clean it with warm water she wouldn't let me touch the bloddy area. The blood isn't running down her head or anything so has possibly dried already.

Sally seems happy wondering around the garden and is still telling the other hens off and is eating and drinking so I'm sure she's fine.

Do I need to worry?

...only if the others decide to peck at the blood!
    Have you any purple spray??
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      ...only if the others decide to peck at the blood!
      Have you any purple spray??
      no I haven't any purple spray

Comment

Mine had the same problem, didnt have any spray so let it heal slightly and then put vaseline on it, just to stop any of the others getting hold.

Its healed lovely and they have stopped pecking at her now

Comment

Originally posted by tlck9 View Post
          Mine had the same problem, didnt have any spray so let it heal slightly and then put vaseline on it, just to stop any of the others getting hold.

Its healed lovely and they have stopped pecking at her now
          Great I have some vaseline I've just got to catch her now. Been out for over an hour and I think she now realises I'm going to clean it. Its stopped bleeding,looks a bit of a mess but I think it's the dried blood on the end of her feathers that makes it look worse

I might just wait until they go to bed and put vaseline on her then as she'll be a lot calmer. If only I had everything to hand when she came to me for a cuddle earlier

Comment

Spray dilute vinegar..or something like that?????Hides the smell and taste of the blood....never tried it myself, but others have mentioned it in the past. ( not sure how dilute though!!)
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X